• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got a New 2014 Honda NC700XE

Juan_Banjovy

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought it yesterday from the local Honda dealer. Never saw a 5 year old bike with zero miles but it was a great price & I've been interested in these for years. A minute into the test ride I was laughing in my helmet thinking "It's mine. I'm getting this!" My last new bike was 12 years ago, Suzuki VStrom 650. Will soon be selling it. It feels VERY top heavy & long to me now. And a bit sluggish off the bottom end. Rained all day so I couldn't ride today. Tonight will lube the chain, tomorrow change the oil, filter & coolant since it's 5 years old. I ordered Grip Puppies & neoprene fork gators. (velcro install) I used both on the Suzuki for years. 12 year old fork seals are still good. Looking forward to many rides in the years to come. Me, riding off & on since 1973. I'm 62. This is bike #8. Solid red. Planning on putting red reflective rim tape on. Probably no major mods. Seat? Will see after 2-4 hours. Usually the first thing I replace but it felt fine yesterday.

Congrats!

I got my 2015 last year “New in the crate” with zero miles. You probably got a better deal than I did.
The NC is the best bike I’ve ever had for running around town and commuting. I love it.

Please post some pictures of your new ride!

JT

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your new ride!

If you’re changing fluids, don’t forget the brake fluid. I’d be changing that if I was concerned about the age of the fluids.

Last edited:
Back