• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got to ride a Ducati Multistrada while on vacation... Wow

KDRob

Reaction score
Visit site
So, while travelling on vacation this past week, stopped with my girlfriend and visited her oldest son outside of Austin for a couple of days. He offered to let me take a spin on his Multi, so of course I took him up on it. After finding some gear laying around that I could fit into, we went off for a nice little half hour ride. He on a Duc Scrambler, me on his Multi.
Started out in the Touring mode, which was pretty smooth, but definitely more powerful than my NC. After a bit, switched it over to the Sport mode. Oh. My. God. Zero to eighty with just a thought. But with three times the HP of the NC, what do you expect? Wow, just... Wow.

And he just got back from a double Iron Butt trip on that bike, too. Ran from Texas up to Idaho in just over a day (documented with gas slips and pictures), stayed up there for a day, then turned around and came back down. Crazy.

There's just a few bikes in his garage... And some are missing since his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend went to a track day that morning.

20170521_121541.jpg20170521_121700.jpg20170521_1139311.jpg

Your comments are exactly why I don't have a bigger, faster bike. My right hand likes to twist the throttle on those bikes, and the law enforcement officers like to twist my wrists when they put the cuffs on. :D

Your comments are exactly why I don't have a bigger, faster bike. My right hand likes to twist the throttle on those bikes, and the law enforcement officers like to twist my wrists when they put the cuffs on. :D

That's part of why I didn't take out the CBR1000RR that's sitting in there (his track bike)... That and I didn't feel like I had a death wish that morning.

What's the multistrada cost compared to an NC700X? You gotta pay to play. Also I have been told the Duc has reliability problems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What's the multistrada cost compared to an NC700X? You gotta pay to play. Also I have been told the Duc has reliability problems.

The valve jobs definitely cost more on the Duc due to the Desmo valve system. Cost-wise, though, not too bad for a used model, considering what you're getting. Saw some '14 Multi 1200's for around $9k. Sure, more than an NC, but not completely unreasonable for what you're getting, either. Not sure about reliability issues. As long as you do the standard maintenance...

I owned a Ducati Monster, and though I got a great deal on it, the maintenance costs ended up being prohibitively expensive. Getting parts was a challenge, and basic maintenance was close to $1200 every 7,500 miles.
Though it was fun to ride, I enjoy the NC just as much because the Monster didn't even hit it's power band until I was already going too fast.

I ended up trading it for a CRF250L, and I still haven't regretted it. The CRF and the NC together allow me go everywhere I want to go, and still have all the fun I care to have with a much more manageable cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned a Ducati Monster, and though I got a great deal on it, the maintenance costs ended up being prohibitively expensive. Getting parts was a challenge, and basic maintenance was close to $1200 every 7,500 miles.
Though it was fun to ride, I enjoy the NC just as much because the Monster didn't even hit it's power band until I was already going too fast.

I ended up trading it for a CRF250L, and I still haven't regretted it. The CRF and the NC together allow me go everywhere I want to go, and still have all the fun I care to have with a much more manageable cost

He's actually looking at eventually selling his Multi for either a comparable KTM or Africa Twin. Even having dealer hookups (he used to work for Ducati), he said the maintenance was the one expensive part about owning the bike.

All in all, though, it was still a major kick in the shorts to get to ride that thing...

Back