• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

GPS fitting on the NC750

bazza

Reaction score
Visit site
I really cannot make myself spend the dosh to buy a Tom Tom or Garmin bike type GPS -when a simple car one can be bought for £30 on ebay. The waterproof box works but it not neat and condensation / bright light ,makes it less than perfect.
So toying with making a mount ON or cutting in the GPS into the baggage compartment lid.Then wiring would be easy and surely a thin waterproof layer of plastic would keep the water off.
Has anyone done this?
The other option is to mount it above the dash - I have higher screen giving a bit of room.That would give a more suitable view but the cable would be a bit ugly.
best wishes

Seems like you could cut a hole in the frunk lid and mount the gps recessed into the hole with a bracket on the back holding the GPS in place. With a gasket and a plexiglass cover, you should be able to keep the water out (maybe also add a line of silicone caulking around the edge of the plexiglass). With that said, that's a long way down to move your eyes when riding in order to see the screen. Have you thought about using a Ram mount X-grip to hold the GPS in its' waterproof case? You can then get hardware to mount it to the handlebars, windscreen, handlebar nut or many other places. It would be easier, I think.

Yeah I agree with Tom's post.

Just mount it on the bars, I got a car sat nav in a WP case and mounted in the centre of the bars.

The power source is from the 12v in the frunk and exits the frunk at the front left side away from the catch mechanism.

I find it's a very convenient set up, ok I can see a (very short) piece of cable coming from the frunk, but when I stop all I do is unclip ther WP case from the handle bar mount and drop the whole thing in the frunk, no need to disconnect the sat nav.

Here's a few random pics to give you an idea.

9cc6085afbcb3e8beedb7760a404c57c_zpsae76d944.jpg

a10d19bb5dd5a89a05d5b98b73646686_zpsaff66923.jpg

4f9de607381d180cff2f7cfda17a30fb_zpsfe6ec7ac.jpg

Same way I do it,the frunk won't harm the cable either,easy and cheap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wish Honda had a complete blacked out NC7 when I bought mine. It was silver or if you had some pull at Honda, silver.

Last edited:
I bought a really cheap GPS a mio m404 for about £50 have never used a waterproof case and been in a few heavy downpours with no problems so far. Plugged into the power socket I have in the funk and just run the cable between the seal and lid of the funk. Couldn't be easier.image.jpg

Back