• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

GPS mounting above instr cluster

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So in my quest to find a way to mount a GPS higher in my field of view, ideally above the instrument cluster, I found a possible solution and thought I'd share.

I got this: RAM Rail Base with Zinc Coated U-Bolt, ATV/UTV Strap & 1" Ball for Rails to 3.15" in Diameter - RAM-B-231Z-2 | RAM Mounts

And mounted it around the "post" of the instrument cluster mount. It let's me put my iPhone 6s up above the cluster. Waiting for the garmin 660 to arrive to see how that will work. It holds the iPhone very solidly - just did a 5hr ride using the Co-Pilot app and it was all good.

Here are the Pics of just the mount:

52a7c7980e9977d94040ed4fd936a505.jpg
e85a250f874f62835990465deab83e8d.jpg
f79dcbe5b498a1d0539baa2a8ac85cf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wish I had some sort of cross bar like the madstad, Honda touring screen, or national. Seems a number of screens do not have a support, hence my search for a different solution. [emoji851]

I wish I had some sort of cross bar like the madstad, Honda touring screen, or national. Seems a number of screens do not have a support, hence my search for a different solution. [emoji851]

A Palmer bracket under your existing windscreen will make it adjustable and give you the bar mount your looking for.

What is the "metal shield under the Madstad"? Is that something you added?

That metal shield is the original style Madstad mounting bracket. The later version is an open bracket instead of a curved metal plate.

A Palmer bracket under your existing windscreen will make it adjustable and give you the bar mount your looking for.

I've looked at palmer a bunch and talked with them. It's more than I want to spend to solve this issue, and I'd have to beef up the mounting of the CalSci screen to put the Palmer on. Too much hoopla for a solution ... when I saw this RAM mount with the longer hose clamp I gambled that I could find a way to secure it to the instrument cluster, and it worked great. Good answer for my issue for about $20.

Back