• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Great TT short film

If they think that the TT is dangerous they should see some of the road circuits in Ireland that make the TT course look like a highway
Note I'm learning to use the American terms for things :)

I can thoroughly recommend the movie

TT3D: Closer to the Edge

TT3D: Closer to the Edge is a stunning a film about the 2010 Isle of Man Tourist Trophy, the world's most famous annual road racing event which transforms this beautiful small island into a bikers' paradise.

The races take place along public roads packed with spectators who have come from all over the world to watch bikes racing just inches apart. With speeds hitting 200mph the TT has a reputation for excitement, courage and danger. Rarely a year goes by when someone isn't killed, every rider knows that each race might be his or her last. Riders pit their skills against each other with a determination to win and push themselves beyond their limits in their bid to become "King of the Mountain".

TT3D: Closer To The Edge - On DVD & Blu-ray 3D November 28th

Thank you so much Freak, for posting the link to the video. I'm not a big racing fan, but I love motorcycles and motorcycling. I just finished watching the video and I'm speechless. Wow. That was one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, on any topic. The writing, narrating, directing, photography, music, editing, people, scenery -- everything -- was... perfect. I was engrossed from the minute it started through to the end. Thank you Simon (the correspondent) and thank you to everyone involved in that production. Wow.

If they think that the TT is dangerous they should see some of the road circuits in Ireland that make the TT course look like a highway
Note I'm learning to use the American terms for things :)

Rocker, sorry, but I think you're being a little disingenuous. Racers DO die every year at the TT and yes IT IS an extremely dangerous race.
Yes there is also some very exciting road racing in Ireland, the NW200 being the most well known.

Last edited:
I NEVER said that people don't die on the Island the point I was trying to make is that the courses in Ireland are often much tighter & narrower + with the exception of the 2 big ones they don't have the medical back up of the TT or the money spent on the road surfaces.
I have the upmost respect for anyone who races at whatever level but I have the most respect for those that do it on real roads

Back