• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Amsterdam

pong

Reaction score
Visit site
photo.jpg

Picked up my nc700x last saturday. Had to buy my bike 200 km away from home, because there was no stock in the Amsterdam area and could not wait. So my first ride was a pretty long one :) But it was pleasant! 30' Celcius, but hardly noticed it because of the pleasure riding this bike. Because I wanted to avoid highways, I also went on a small ferry to cross a river (see photo).

Did anyone mount a hugger already? I found some sand in the suspension area, after a pretty clean 200 km ride.

PB

BTW Pong, why did you post this thread in "What I learned today" subforum? A little strange. What did you learn exactly? :p To buy a bike far far away so as to enjoy her first ride?

Welcome. Went to Amsterdam when I was 25. Almost 25 years ago. I was in the army and myself and a bunch of my buddies decided to take a road trip on a long weekend. Good times. Hope you enjoy the forum.

welcome aboard the forum. From san francisco, california, USA.

Regarding huggers: PUIG, R&G, pyramid, factory M that come to mind.

*One of our members (n30r3l0ad3d) had troubles mounting the R&G.
He then went to PUIG and fitted perfectly. Here is the link for the install: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/how-tos/4269-puig-hugger-install.html

**I went with factory M. The hugger is lightweight, covers alot of area compared to others. Has a glossy finish to it.

***I must admit, the puig is very nice hugger !

Ken

Last edited:
Welcome. I went to Amsterdam in 1979 & 1988 when I was stationed in Europe. Beautiful city, I toured it by boat. I hadn't seen a white NC700X before, that looks good.

Welcome to the Ride Pong, and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO USA!!! :{)

I installed a homemade mud flap-rear shock cover instead. The flower pot i cut it from was $free.99! I'll dig up a pic and post it for you to see, turned out pretty slick imho.
:{p

Here is a link to one of the homemade Farkle threads.= https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...essories-thread.html?highlight=plastic+flower

Here is a pic of the completed mud flap. :{P
homemade plastic rear shock protector.jpg

homemade plastic rear shock protector2.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'll try that. For now I've got a duct tape hugger. :D I first tried duct tape 10-11 years ago on my Vstrom & it's still on. Rear shock is still clean. Heavy duty 3" wide, folded once. I hope my pic doesn't rotate again. IMG_0226.JPG

Back