• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Greetings from Holland

CvEsch

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Just like to say hi and introduce myself as a proud (soon to be) owner of a Honda nc700x.
I ordered one this week and if i'm lucky could be riding it the next.

My name is Colin and i live near Amsterdam, The netherlands.
I've been riding a bike ever since i got my license over 5 years ago and enjoy every minute of it.
For me, work is just a nice excuse to ride the bike twice a day :)

So far i've enjoyed my first and only bike, a Honda XL1000 (Varadero) SD01, but its time to say goodbye to the beast. (90K Km + mileage)
At first i was looking for a 2007 model XL1000 when my eye cought the nc700x.
It was love at first sight, but i needed to feel the bike as i was afraid it would be sluggish...
Well.. i did a testrun en boy was i surprised! As a result i ordered one and am waiting for it the last couple days.

So, i am looking forward to share my experience and learn from others.

Greetings,
Colin

Hi Jen,

I ordered the Black version as the silver one was no longer available untill somewhere around may.
As i liked them both a lot, i decided to go with black as i didn't feel like waiting.

I also ordered the center stand, the wind deflectors and the heated grips.
Especially the heated grips are a must when it gets below 5 degrees C.
It's possible i'll order the larger screen as well but i prefer to wait and see how it goes without.

I ordered the stand,heated grips and wind deflectors aswell. I also ordered the larger screen so I`ll report back on it when I get my bike. Other goodies I ordered include an R&G radiator guard, Pyramid fenda extenda, Ermax hugger, Honda topbox and a lowering kit. So I suppose I`ll be the first to
a) find out if a rear hugger fits on a lowered bike and
b)how hard it is to get a lowered bike on to the main stand,

Regards Jen.

Welcome and congrats Colin. . . . . Colin & Jen - Many of us future owners would like a report on the effectiveness on the lower wind deflectors. Give a try both on and off the bike and report your findings. . . . are they worth the extra cost? Thanks in advance.

Hi Thomasec, i will share my experience with the deflectors. I plan to get the bike this saterday so it should be somewhere next week.

Jen, i also planned on getting the Honda Topbox but decided to not order it.
Reason was that it was not just the box i needed, but it also requires the luggage carrier (fair enough) and the support brackets for the side boxes.
The brackets alone cost 215 euro and i just thought it is to much.
DO you just get the box? or ordered the whole package at ~600 euro?

I am also interested in the hugger and the Rad guard.. is it worth it? And do you have a picture of the fenda extenda?
The lowering kit, i didn't get. Coming from a Honda XL1000 the NCX is heaven for me allowing both my feet to be set flat on the ground.

Back