• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Grippier footpegs

Junkie

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to pick up a set of pegs that offer a little more grip when my boots are wet or muddy. I'm used to fairly aggressive pegs - aftermarket rearsets with knurling on the pegs on streetbikes, dirtbike pegs on dirtbikes.

Looking around, I see a few options:

2x CNC WIDE Footpeg Foot Pegs For HONDA NC700X/S 2014-2018 NC700X/S 2012-2014 UE | eBay there are covers that go over the factory pegs. These are cheap and appear to have some additional grip.

For Honda NC700 S / X 12 13 Blue CNC Touring Front Rider Foot Pegs | eBay replacement aluminum pegs. Also cheap (although double the price of the covers).

SW-MOTECH ION Dual Position Foot Peg Kit for VFR1200X, NC700X/S, NC750X/S, SV650 | eBay SW Motech pegs. Not cheap, but a brand that I can trust. They appear to let you use rubber or not, which seems like a nice option.

I'm tempted by the SW Motech, but they're a fair amount of money.

I've seen the threads where people adapted true dirtbike pegs. I've considered that as well, especially if I can find an option that has rubber covers available (although I don't know how much vibration there'd be without covers given how smooth the engine is).

Does anyone have experience with the aluminum covers or pegs?

I got those SW-MOTECH pegs but can't remember that they where that expensive! Checked the pricing I paid and it turned out to be around $114,- so maybe you can find them for a cheaper price. I really love them though, big enough to stand on them comfortably and you have the choice for the rubber footrest if you need to do more highway travelling. Those other two looks less sturdy in my opinion but maybe that's just me.

I'm tempted by the SW Motech, but they're a fair amount of money.
Have them and like the extra leg room they provide and they are wider than stock which my feet appreciate. I have to stand on the peg to swing my leg over the aux fuel tank mounted where the pillion seat would normally go. No issues in 10s of thousands of miles.

They are kinda stupid expensive but often quality stuff is (though not always).

I have a somewhat taller seat than stock and don't think i need more legroom, so I wasn't thinking of getting drop pegs.

I might just wait until the next eBay sale and then buy a set of SW Motech pegs. Can't find em under MSRP anywhere.

Black Aluminum Motocross Foot Pegs Footrest For Honda CR CRF XR Yamaha Kawasaki | eBay I ordered a set of those because they're cheap and compatible with some of the same bikes that other people used pegs from.

I didn't pay attention to the title until after I purchased them, though. They really are aluminum (or at least non-ferrous), which surprises me. That makes filing a bit easier.

If I like them I'll probably order a steel set.

And: while it looks like they'll fit without much work, the casting isn't very good. LOTS of casting flash. Some areas where the mold has been repaired, and they didn't do a great job.

Back