• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Haglund's deformity

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
Looks like the issue I have for last year or two is the Haglund's deformity. One of the causes is/was my shoes - including the moto boots. I'm with the 3rd pair of Tourmaster boots and they are good. I wouldn't blame them for my issue.
Now, as one part of the therapy is to wear comfortable shoes, at work, home, around... The best solution would be "open heel shoes". Now comes the question what am I going to do when I want to ride my bike? Riding in sandals? :D
So, wonder if someone else have/had the same issue?

Thanks for any help...

Move to Florida....wearing sandals while riding there is seen all the time...:)
:D:D:D

Seriously though...how about getting a larger size boot for the foot with the problem and putting foam cushion between your heal and the boot?
I was thinking about it, and probably will try. But, I'm afraid that it could cause some other issues since it's to big on the front part?

I wouldn't think that riding would be the problem. Just need to take them off when you get where you're going and flip to the Crocs. :cool:

It probably started several years ago. Not so much last 3 years because I have DCT, not so much of the left leg clutch action :D But while I was riding ST, any time you shift the gear was is some rubbing on my heel, right? And then walking in the boots. They are comfortable, I didn't feel any issue. It was kinda "the process in the background"... :(
But now, when I know, it's gonna be exactly as you said - crocs! :D

Maybe you can find some boots that zip up the side. They should be easier to get on and off
Tourmaster I have, have the zipper on the side.

Very often I have inserts (hard plastic) in my boots because I'm a bit "flat-footed", but also it help when standing on the footpegs for a longer time. And a bit helps keeping the warmth when riding in the cold. My boots are size that fits perfect w/o inserts, with the inserts are probably a bit "crowded" - pretty sure it helped building the issue. But I never felt that way.

Back