• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handguards for DCT

From what I have seen I have to omit that the Bark Busters are the best. But I am cheap! Having worked many years with the Japanese (Master Copiers) , I knew some where out there in never, never land was a good cheap copy of hand guards. I copied the Japanese and found the best dirt road street rider of the NC700 I knew of. Hello, Nortwestrider superman of NC700 dirt road riders. Those folks in Washington state are real dirt road riders.

I have to omit these ideas are all (110 %) Nortwestrider's. He told me that he was using the Trackside premium hand guards from Cycle Gear (Cost $89.99). I knew Nortwestrider would not use them if they were not a good product. Even more important he told me to check Cycle Gear on line specials as these hand guards are often on sale at Cycle Gear. Bingo, on line for $44.99. Called Cycle Gear near my home and asked the manager if they would meet anyone's on line price, he told me yes. So, off to Cycle Gear I went, and the manager all though surprised, matched his company's own on line price. So, I didn't have to pay the in store price and got them for $44.99 and he also gave me 1/2 price on a new ($11.99) Cramp Buster for $5.50, being my last fall had destroyed my Cramp Buster. Real nice fella, that Cycle Gear store manager.

Now the unbelievable part, it all fits even with my 2" rox risers. They don't give you instructions, but it just fell into place. At least the 1st half, as it to hot to finish the other side until it cools off a bit outside this evening.

Hand Guard 001.jpg

Had to loosen front brake to install handle bar clamp, but it all fits and nothing is touching each other.

Hand Guard 002.jpg

It all lines up perfect, and I am still using the factory end weights.

Hand Guard 003.JPG

The throttle and the throttle lock both still work perfect.

Hand Guard 004.jpg

And last but not the least, It Just Looks Good!

Thank you - Nortwestrider

Last edited:
Ppww: did you use original bar weights or did you use the bark buster brand?
Was it difficult for install ? (Concerned that it might be hard to remove barends)

Ken

Ken.

Changed the original (long ones inside the handlebar) to those that came with Barbusters (heavy rings at the ends of the bar).

I have to admit.. .they waaaaaay better. I felt the difference with the balance straight away after the change,

They're extremely easy to install. I had more problems with removing original ones (one got really stuck, but a bit of brains with a lots of brute force did the job). ;)

Yeah, thanks.
I read also somewhere that seems like everyone has that problem (one easy side and one difficult side).

Thanks,
Ken

I think the reason these companies say that they don't fit the DCT is a bit of a disclaimer as I've heard that they foul the screen on full lock, in the UK that would be an MOT failure and not deemed safe.

Apart for that, and going by all the pics on this thread they obviously do fit.

Great thread though, SWM for me I think, they look great.

I think the reason these companies say that they don't fit the DCT is a bit of a disclaimer as I've heard that they foul the screen on full lock, in the UK that would be an MOT failure and not deemed safe.

Apart for that, and going by all the pics on this thread they obviously do fit.

Great thread though, SWM for me I think, they look great.

6.jpg

Barkbusters from sw-motech fit the DCT

SmileyTwoThumbs.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
SW-Motech Kobra's fits DCT also, no problem with the screen or the handbrake.

1512778_10203149149953235_15526563_n.jpg

1524615_10203149151553275_1366621220_n.jpg

1606887_10203149151473273_534218869_n.jpg

Whiteyez - those Sw Motech look awesome. I was about to order a pair for mine but realised there are a few options available i.e LED indicators and extension bars. Does anyone know what the extension bars do? are those LEDS indicators easy to install and do I have to lose my original indicators or can I have them as well as the LEDS in the handguard?
anyone able to throw some light? I have attached a link below.
SW-MOTECH Kobra Handguard Extension Kit (Pair) - Chainspeed Ltd

Whiteyez - those Sw Motech look awesome. I was about to order a pair for mine but realised there are a few options available i.e LED indicators and extension bars. Does anyone know what the extension bars do? are those LEDS indicators easy to install and do I have to lose my original indicators or can I have them as well as the LEDS in the handguard?
anyone able to throw some light? I have attached a link below.
SW-MOTECH Kobra Handguard Extension Kit (Pair) - Chainspeed Ltd

The extension kit it just covers more area, you can see my photos in the previous post with and without my extension. For the LED's of course you can keep your original indicators.
The Kobra's are excellent handguards, and very easy to install without removing the weight end bars.

I am sold on those Kobras. Think those extension kits are a must. I take it you did not install the leds. Are they easy to install? Can a DIYer do it. I really dont wanna mess with the electrics on the bike. Any views on this?

I am sold on those Kobras. Think those extension kits are a must. I take it you did not install the leds. Are they easy to install? Can a DIYer do it. I really dont wanna mess with the electrics on the bike. Any views on this?

Sorry i don't know anything about the installation of the leds. Here is the installation instructions, you will need a resistor set (sold separately).

Resistor for LED indicator, 21 watt, for adjusting the indicator frequency.

LED indicator for handguard KOBRA, perfect protection and visibility.

Whiteyz, is there any chance you could do a photo of the fitment to the handlebars as you're sitting on the bike please...:)

Sure i will upload some photos in two hours.

Last edited:
Those Led indicators look the business. What are those? Can you post a link where bought them please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So guys I got my Kobra handguards witg extensions delivered today. Whiteyez- i finally did not go for the indicators cause I was quite happy with what I had.

A qs for you- can leave the original weights and just attach the backbone on the original weight fitment or do you need to use the weights that came with the kit. The instructions have scared me bit saying I have to dismantle the grip on the throttle side. This will be a problem considering I have heated grips. Any tips advice will be greatfully received?

Need answers guys! This topic is getting a bit exciting lol!

Hi guys, anyone with any views if the original bar ends and internal weights can be left in saving a bit if a hassle? Is the OEM bolt long enough to accomodate the spines? Any views sincerely appreciated

Back