• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handlebar Weights

bvogel7475

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, just put on Motech Handguards and the process called for the removal of the handlebar weights. Wow they were hell to remove. Hurt my thumb pulling them out. I removed the clips as recommended but I think and internal fastener that I saw deep in the bars is why they were so hard to remove. Anyway, the new handguards work great and I went for a 60 mile ride after they were installed and did not notice any difference or increase in vibration through the bars. Steering didn't change either. Just my experience. I'm curious to hear other people's experience.

Initially I put my Barkbuster Storms on using the Honda internal weights but I thought I could feel some unusual vibration under braking; I went ahead and removed them and installed the Barkbuster ones and the handlebars felt stiffer to me – not a huge difference but noticeable.

I removed the weights by threading the screws through a hole in a piece of wood and tapping on the wood – they came out pretty easily that way (once the clips were released).

I removed the weights by threading the screws through a hole in a piece of wood and tapping on the wood – they came out pretty easily that way (once the clips were released).

Thanks for the tip. Removing the bar weights is one of my upcoming projects.

Back