• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Harley Davidson Avoids Crippling Import Tariff

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Harley-Davidson has just avoided a crushing 56% tariff on importing bikes into the EU – and to say they’re relieved is an understatement.

The Milwaukee-based company has operated for a while with BOI-regulatory credentials, supplying EU markets at 6% tariff rates. They experienced a slight (understatement) bump during the Trump presidency, during which the EU raised tariff rates to 31% for all bikes imported from the U.S. – including Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

As if that wasn’t enough, the tariff was also originally set to increase to 56% as of June 1, 2021. Luckily, the tax was deferred, allowing the American motorcycle company to breathe easily and continue building on their success with their recent LiveWire launch.

Jochen Zeitz, President of Harley Davidson, posing with a company leather jacket.

President, and CEO of Harley-Davidson, Jochen Zeitz, said in a statement:

“We are encouraged by today’s announcement that tariffs affecting our products will not escalate from 31% to 56%. This is the first step in the right direction in a dispute not of our making. Harley-Davidson employees, dealers, stakeholders, and motorcycles have no place in this trade war. These tariffs provide other motorcycle manufacturers with an unfair competitive advantage in the E.U. European motorcycles only pay up to 2.4% to be imported into the U.S. We want free and fair trade. UNITED WE RIDE.”

close-up view of the mechanics of a Harley Davidson motorcycle

As a result of the update, VisorDown has released that Harley-Davidson stock shares shot up to $51.96 in 24 hours – an event that outperformed similar shares with BMW, Honda, and Polaris.

Congratulations to a company that prides itself in free and fair trade, and looking forward to seeing what Harley-Davidson has in store for their (American and European) customers in the coming months.

The post Harley Davidson Avoids Crippling Import Tariff appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

My local multi-brand motorcycle dealership won't work on any bike over 10 years old except for tires and fluids.

You could have requested to speak with the service manager instead of the person at the service counter.

Harley might have problems in the UK -

Survey: 31% of UK motorcyclists would quit riding if forced to go electric​

Wonder why they dont take that poll in the US?

My local HD dealer basically won’t touch it unless it’s a Harley. Their loss I guess. I’m not totally enamored with the general image HD puts out either. If I get the itch to ride a ‘murican bike i think I’ll head over to Indian.

My local HD dealer basically won’t touch it unless it’s a Harley. Their loss I guess. I’m not totally enamored with the general image HD puts out either. If I get the itch to ride a ‘murican bike i think I’ll head over to Indian.
Yup, I once carried a loose Goldwing wheel and tire into the local Harley dealer and asked them to mount it. They refused to do so, being that it was a Honda wheel.

It's interesting to note, that Harley dealer has since gone out of business.

Back