• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Harley Davidson: World, Meet The Sportster® S

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Harley Davidson has given us a sportbike – and not just any sportbike.

World, meet the Sportster® S – a trick in HD’s hat that’s been blessed with the Revolution Max powertrain and, like the Pan America, boasts enough torque in the lower powerband to feed a small family for a week.

The reveal came at 10am CDT (11am EST) this morning, with a full run-through of the model via the Youtube video (see above) and relevant press releases.

“The Sportster S is the next all-new motorcycle built on the Revolution Max platform and sets a new performance standard for the Sportster line,” says Jochen Zeitz, the chairman and president/CEO of Harley-Davidson.

“This is a next-generation Sportster defined by power, performance, technology, and style. And it’s part of our commitment to introduce motorcycles that align with our strategy to increase desirability and to drive the legacy of Harley-Davidson.”

A side profile the Revolution Max powertrain and v-twin engine in the new Harley Davidson Sportster® S in Scotland

The Sportster® S is a 121hp, 1250 V-Twin on a light chassis – made all the more balanced by integrating the engine into the central part of the chassis.

Add premium front and rear adjustable suspension, and you’re in for a ride smoother than a snickers bar.

Of course, with the Revolution Max powertrain, you’re getting the crazy torque in the lower end, plus the promise of the torque curve staying flat through the powerband – contributing to power through the mid-range.

A side profile of a rider trying out the new Harley Davidson Sportster® S in Scotland
A side profile of a rider trying out the new Harley Davidson Sportster® S in Scotland

The Sportster® S also comes with a set of chunky inverted forks and wide profile tires that scream high-performance sportbike, a fenderless front (bobber inspo), and a tail section, high-mounted exhaust, and narrow seat reminiscent of Harley Davidson’s XR750 Flat Tracker.

The weight is a very nice 502 lbs., and the fuel efficiency is advertised as 49 miles to the gallon – a full two miles better than Harley Davidson’s 2021 FXBB Street Bob 114.

A view of the TFT display on the new Harley Davidson Sportster® S

Outfitted with the rest of the jazz is a 4.0-inch-diameter TFT screen display capable of generating infotainment from rider’s Bluetooth®-equipped mobile devices and helmet headsets, along with the navigation on the Harley-Davidson® App.

The color schemes? We’ve got Stone-Washed White Pearl, Midnight Black, and my favorite, Crimson Red – alongside a chocolate-satin finish that shows off the ultra-light magnesium engine covers, with other finishes and details purported to give the Sportster® S a custom bike feel.

“Every visual design element of the Sportster S model is an expression of the motorcycle’s raw power,” said Brad Richards, Harley-Davidson vice president of styling and design. “This is a wolf in wolf’s clothing.”

The Sportster® S will be hitting dealerships by this fall at a neat base MSRP of $14,999.

For more information, visit www.harley-davidson.com.

The post Harley Davidson: World, Meet The Sportster® S appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

If the ergonomics are good and it’s reasonable price I’d be interested for sure. A good looking modern bike

I like the engine and overall design. I’d say HD is on a new path. With a very low maintenance engine, liquid cooling, and adjustable suspension, sounds like a winner. I assume it’s chain drive like the Pan Am. Too bad it’s not belt drive.

From the size of the rear sprocket it looks like belt drive.

I like the engine and overall design. I’d say HD is on a new path. With a very low maintenance engine, liquid cooling, and adjustable suspension, sounds like a winner. I assume it’s chain drive like the Pan Am. Too bad it’s not belt drive.
I’d bet it is a belt drive. I think the only reason the Pan America is chain is because it is an adventure bike. A cruiser has no need for such frivolity.

This is funny when you think about it. HD is on a new path "with a very low maintenance engine, liquid cooling, and adjustable suspension . . ." It's a new path for Harley perhaps, but not new for the rest of the motorcycle world. Harley manages to stay about 50 years behind the times.

This is funny when you think about it. HD is on a new path "with a very low maintenance engine, liquid cooling, and adjustable suspension . . ." It's a new path for Harley perhaps, but not new for the rest of the motorcycle world. Harley manages to stay about 50 years behind the times.
HD does one up every other motorcycle manufacturer on this one, as well as with the Pan Am model.
Hydraulic valve lash adjusters.
Only the big low rpm high torque traditional V Twins had them up to now.
Hopefully they will be reliable over the long haul.

I think the variable valve timing gives the H-D a real performance advantage with great torque, power, and throttle response according to reviewers.

at least it'll win this award.

Attachments

• 217557872_1125964784555985_1176716092897021588_n.jpg
    217557872_1125964784555985_1176716092897021588_n.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0

Harley web site DETAILED specs:
Ground clearance - 3.66 inches (really?)
Suspension travel - not shown
Final drive type - not shown

Hydraulic valve lash adjusters.
Only the big low rpm high torque traditional V Twins had them up to now.
Hopefully they will be reliable over the long haul.
With that little thin seat, 152 mile range, and very little suspension (from what I can tell because they don't disclose it), I can't imagine anyone even riding this thing enough miles to be concerned about reliability over the long haul.

Harley web site DETAILED specs:
Ground clearance - 3.66 inches (really?)
Suspension travel - not shown
Final drive type - not shown
They’re targeting the Indian scout which has similar clearance. I’m still jonseing for a Pan Am

Back