• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Has anybody installed the R-Gaza Crash Bars Engine Guards?

I've just ordered mine a few days ago and have read installation information and watched one or two videos to be prepared, but was just wondering if anyone had some guidance or perhaps torque recommendations on the U-bracket fitment as I don't want to overdo it and potentially compromise the frame, but don't want to leave it too loose either so that it doesn't do its job if it has to one day.
Thanks.
I put the supplied rubber pieces in between the u-bolt and frame. Then tightend the u-bolt until the rubber was compressed but not enough for the metal flange on the bars to bend. Everything seems great. No rattles.

JT

does anyone think the R Gaza bars would conflict with the honda light bar?
I don't have the light bar on my NC. You would need to take a good look at the pictures of both. Pay particular attention to the R-Gaza and how the horizontal bar mounts in the rear. I'd guess that might be a problem spot.

JT

I've just ordered mine a few days ago and have read installation information and watched one or two videos to be prepared, but was just wondering if anyone had some guidance or perhaps torque recommendations on the U-bracket fitment as I don't want to overdo it and potentially compromise the frame, but don't want to leave it too loose either so that it doesn't do its job if it has to one day.
Thanks.
So, a month after ordering the bars, it finally left Russia, but 7 weeks later still no update or sight of it. Starting emailing them a few weeks ago and Denis acknowledged the shipping delays, and asked me to wait another week. A week later he sent me another set at his own cost via DHL to Amazon on the east coast who shipped it to me on the west coas via USPS on 6/21 and arrived today on 6/23. Looks really well packaged - foam wrapped - and includes a laminated installation sheet!!
I can't speak to the fit, look, safety, or installation yet, but can't say enough positive about Denis for stepping up to the plate and giving great customer service.

So, a month after ordering the bars, it finally left Russia, but 7 weeks later still no update or sight of it. Starting emailing them a few weeks ago and Denis acknowledged the shipping delays, and asked me to wait another week. A week later he sent me another set at his own cost via DHL to Amazon on the east coast who shipped it to me on the west coas via USPS on 6/21 and arrived today on 6/23. Looks really well packaged - foam wrapped - and includes a laminated installation sheet!!
I can't speak to the fit, look, safety, or installation yet, but can't say enough positive about Denis for stepping up to the plate and giving great customer service.
When mine shipped, they went into the abyss for a number of weeks. Then they appeared on my front porch.

I’m glad I got them. I like how they look and they worked good too.

JT

So, after waiting over 2 months for my bars to arrive which even today still say that they've left Russia on May 5th on 3 tracking websites and that's it, eBay seller marsh-deni sent me a replacement set via DHL to Amazon on the East Coast (1 week) and then Amazon delivered them to me 2 days later. After asking me to wait another week or so, and nothing changed, he simply offered me a new set at his cost through his new shipper. Denis was very responsive to emails and has changed his shipping to now use DHL only I believe. The bars appear to be very well made and look like they'll hold up well for what you can expect any manufacturer's crash bars to do versus what we shouldn't expect them to be able to do, i.e. save the bike in a high speed crash. I like the style of them, and installation on my 2020 NC750X DCT took an hour (going pretty slow also). After removing the lower cowling, I only had to remove 4 bolts on the right side to make room for removing the engine mount bolts, and none on the left side. Using some blue tape to hold the small spacers in place on the right side (tip from a YouTube installation video) made life a bit easier, and looping the U-bolts around the frame from under the bar versus from the top of the bar was easier as there was more room to get it in and rotated into position. I used all 3 pieces of rubber on each side (under the U-bolt, in front of the U-bolt and frame, and between the U-bolt mounting flange and frame. Engine mount bolts tightened to 44 foot pounds. The U-bolt threads are quite long and make the look somewhat unfinished (especially as they're chrome finished against a predominately black frame and other stuff in the area), so I'm going to look for some rubber end caps to go over the threads. Hope I never have to test them out, but hoping they do their job should it happen.

So, after waiting over 2 months for my bars to arrive which even today still say that they've left Russia on May 5th on 3 tracking websites and that's it, eBay seller marsh-deni sent me a replacement set via DHL to Amazon on the East Coast (1 week) and then Amazon delivered them to me 2 days later. After asking me to wait another week or so, and nothing changed, he simply offered me a new set at his cost through his new shipper. Denis was very responsive to emails and has changed his shipping to now use DHL only I believe. The bars appear to be very well made and look like they'll hold up well for what you can expect any manufacturer's crash bars to do versus what we shouldn't expect them to be able to do, i.e. save the bike in a high speed crash. I like the style of them, and installation on my 2020 NC750X DCT took an hour (going pretty slow also). After removing the lower cowling, I only had to remove 4 bolts on the right side to make room for removing the engine mount bolts, and none on the left side. Using some blue tape to hold the small spacers in place on the right side (tip from a YouTube installation video) made life a bit easier, and looping the U-bolts around the frame from under the bar versus from the top of the bar was easier as there was more room to get it in and rotated into position. I used all 3 pieces of rubber on each side (under the U-bolt, in front of the U-bolt and frame, and between the U-bolt mounting flange and frame. Engine mount bolts tightened to 44 foot pounds. The U-bolt threads are quite long and make the look somewhat unfinished (especially as they're chrome finished against a predominately black frame and other stuff in the area), so I'm going to look for some rubber end caps to go over the threads. Hope I never have to test them out, but hoping they do their job should it happen.
I’m pleased with mine. I also tested them out and they worked great. A little flat black paint to fix the scuffs and they look good as new.

JT

Install time: 1.5 hrs working very slowly and carefully and I make a short video highlighting a few things.

@mrbios - Thanks for taking the time to make a video of your installation. I watched it several times before attempting and it was very helpful.

Interestingly (ironically?), I started on the left side, which is supposed to be the "easy" side, and that took me about 1 - 1.5 hours to complete. I ended up fooling around a lot with the placement of the U-bolt. Also, the lower engine bolt that goes through the long spacer was badly corroded, so I spent some time cleaning it up and applying grease inside the spacer and on the faces of the parts to prevent water ingress in the future.

By the time I got to the right side, which is more complicated due to need to move the breather hose, and remove the clutch cable and horn brackets to access the bolts, I managed to get it on perfectly in once shot, took about 15 mins.

A couple of things. The u-bolts seem to not be symmetrical; the threads go deeper on one side than the other, and the first time I installed it the bracket didn't really sit very flat. I put some heat shrink tube around the body of the bolt to minimize scratching of the frame (see below). Even so, I ended up scratching up the cover of the water pump getting the bolt to slide in. I'm also not really sure I put the rubber spacers in the correct spots, or not.

IMG_1900.JPG IMG_1902.JPG

Finally: Torque spec on the engine mounting bolts ("Front lower engine hanger bolt" and "Upper engine hanger bolt") is 54 N•m (40 ft•lbs)

Last edited:
U-bolt is very strong and can be trimmed with an angle grinder (but should be sprayed with water to keep the temp from melting the plastic in the 17mm nuts).
Did you end up cutting off the ends of the u-bolt? If so, how did that go? Did you just do it right on the bike? They way they stick out really bothers me.

I'm lazy too; but I have a farkling problem and a need for perfectionism, so the two tendencies seem to balance each other out. I've decided I'm okay with the bolts sticking out for now. I'm going to take them completely off to trim them, but not until the dead of winter when I don't ride.

Speaking of trimming, I had to (slightly) trim the underside cowling to get it to go back on!! Didn't see any other posts or comments about this.

I marked the U-bolts after torquing, cut off the excess, and installed stainless "acorn" nuts from Mc Master Carr. I think these are the best guards for the NC750X.

IMG_2365.jpg

Instead of cutting them short, I just put shrink tubing on them. They look fine.

I'm thinking about using them in the future as an attachment point for something, I just don't know what yet. I want to leave my options open.

Update: About 2 months after installing them, I had my first "test". Low-sided in a turn on a cold, slippery road and went down. The bike slid about 4-5 ft out from me, and landed squarely on the crash bar and left bar-end. The R-Gaza bar worked perfectly and took 95% of the damage; the only other damaged parts were the left handguard, a small scrape on the mirror, and a small scrape on the shift lever.

I cleaned and painted the R-Gaza guard up with some flat black Krylon and it looks good as new already.

IMG_2550.jpeg

The R Gaza bar has taken the brunt of two mishaps. First was in the garage, side stand wasn’t fully set. Second was in a gravel parking lot about 5mph.
Only some slight rash on the bars and a small skuff on the left saddlebag. I bought some bumper pads and installed them prior to the second mishap. The bumper pads took most of the rash.
I’m very happy with these bars.

Attachments

• 27CB62BB-FFA7-49A0-B833-61631D7016CE.jpeg
    27CB62BB-FFA7-49A0-B833-61631D7016CE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
I laid my bike down stopping on a sloped driveway out of a restaurant to let a car pass. Tried to put my foot down as usual, but met air because of the slope and the bike went over. Thanks to the R-Gaza bars, the bike was literally undamaged. Not even a scratch on the bars. The only damage was to my ego as the parking lot was full and everyone laughed at me.

10/10, would never get a bike without hefty bars.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated!
I purchased the R-Gazza crash bars and feel they are a quality product. Also, because they are larger there is extra space to install options such as PIA lighting. They look like they would do a very good job in a tip over, but fortunately I haven't tested them.

Also, the box the bars came in looked like it went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, but the bars were each individually wrapped in foam and came undamaged. Besides, if they can't take shipping, they shouldn't be on the bike.

Excellent bars. I will remove the side stand guard and grind it just a bit,
its too close to the radiator hose for my liking (temporary, pipe bracket
protecting it). Easy install, torque the engine mounting bolts.
Saves: the engine/bike parts, mounted lights on it, mounted hose on two
top bars for extended foot rests, liked this better than highway pegs,
may save leg/foot in event of crash.

Check out the ads/site , most offers have lower and upper engine bars.
I just wanted the lowers as shown in the pics above.

Last edited:
Back