• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Has anyone checked out or ridden the Honda NM4?

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking at these futuristic bikes and I can't wait to ride one. Has anyone even seen one in the wild? I have not....

I have ridden one. The main feature is that it sits really low and the foot pegs are WAY out front. The saddle bags may look functional but the room inside barely holds a pair of gloves, maybe a rainsuit. I don't think the NM4 comes with a manual transmission, rather it's DCT only.

I watched this guys video and was not impressed. It is definately not my idea of what a bike should be. In my opinion it's ugly and it looks uncomfortable. The thing has enough storage on it for your phone, your sunglasses, maybe a small cover and... another pair of sunglasses? The guy in the video describes the panniers as having a lot of room. This guy has clearly never seen real luggage on a bike. Now the lack of storage may not be a huge deal on a fun, casual bike but to remove the option of putting more on it makes the existing storage just look stupid. The only good things I can see about this bike is the great Honda engine and the backrest (although the seating looks completely unworkable without one).

Nope, not for me, I am a function over form guy. While I can appreciate a work of art, like the NC700X or a '67 Vette, if it sacrifices functionality so that it can be 'pretty' then it is neither to me.

I've seen and sat on 2 or 3, but never ridden one. I agree with 670cc that storage space is limited. For me, the ergos were not quite right. I find the CTX700 quite a bit more comfortable. The Vultus is definitely cool, though.

I've always liked unique bikes like that, but the riding position and price were both uncomfortable to me,

Did you ever see the Honda DN-01? A more traditional look, with the best side mirrors ever! It had an automatic transmission too, though I am reading discrepancies about whather it's a CVT, HFT or DCT. It might have paved the way for the NC bikes:

Last edited:
I own one. (Also a NC700X)

Buy and ride it for the styling. There's nothing else quite like it.

I like that it has an exotic outer skin, but the mechanical underpinnings of the Honda NC700X. Looks exotic, but without the exotic headaches.

PROs:
Super cool looking, if you liked Akira. If you don't like it, nothing will convince you otherwise.
Low seat height
Helpful rear pillion turns into a backrest
Honda NC700X engineered and reliable

CONs:
Storage is comical-- pre COVID, I went to ride it to the gym, but couldn't fit my gym shoe in the saddlebag. Funny and sad
Fuel is gauge is inaccurate. Normally not a big deal, but when display starts flashing, you can't see the trip meter to gauge how many miles you put on this tank of gas.
Low and lazy cruiser style suspension/seating transmits harsh bumps

I'm glad I bought it, because it's a neat, reliable ride. Great, every day, your-only-bike kind of ride? Well, probably not. The NC700X is though...

Attachments

• IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
I'm looking for a 250 with the DCT. Anybody got one?
No new DCT motorcycle models are currently available In the USA with an engine size less than 745cc. If you want an automatic transmission on a 250, a scooter with CVT would be an option.

Did they drop the DCT ATVs? They used to have a small-displacement one with a dual clutch tranny.

I like that it has an exotic outer skin, but the mechanical underpinnings of the Honda NC700X. Looks exotic, but without the exotic headaches.

PROs:
Super cool looking, if you liked Akira. If you don't like it, nothing will convince you otherwise.
Low seat height

CONs:
Storage is comical-- pre COVID, I went to ride it to the gym, but couldn't fit my gym shoe in the saddlebag. Funny and sad
Fuel is gauge is inaccurate. Normally not a big deal, but when display starts flashing, you can't see the trip meter to gauge how many miles you put on this tank of gas.

I'm glad I bought it, because it's a neat, reliable ride. Great, every day, your-only-bike kind of ride? Well, probably not. The NC700X is though...

The machine gives me a Judge Dredd vibe.

I've always liked unique bikes like that, but the riding position and price were both uncomfortable to me,

Did you ever see the Honda DN-01? A more traditional look, with the best side mirrors ever! It had an automatic transmission too, though I am reading discrepancies about whather it's a CVT, HFT or DCT. It might have paved the way for the NC bikes:

My local dealer has had one in the back having some service done to it, looked pretty cool!

PROs:
Low seat height

CONs:

Added bonus, at Halloween you can put on a Batman costume and drive around the neighbourhood looking pretty legit!!! :)

Back