• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Has anyone else tried this

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven’t seen a photo of a NC750X with polished footrest hangers if that’s what they are called. I personally like the look as I did it once to my Pan European. Mine were all marked where the previous owner had rubbed them with his boots. If you feel like trying it you better be committed as it’s difficult to get down to the raw metal. The lacquer used on the originals is industrial strength and I’m surprised it rubbed at all. They were easy to remove as it’s a DCT and I’ve already moved the back brake to the bars in the clutch position.

Attachments

• CE1CD51C-A0B4-4D9A-8137-3A342C8FF5BB.jpeg
    CE1CD51C-A0B4-4D9A-8137-3A342C8FF5BB.jpeg
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 80
  • B9EA04FB-52E0-4DDC-ABBC-5484DCD7CFFA.jpeg
    B9EA04FB-52E0-4DDC-ABBC-5484DCD7CFFA.jpeg
    940.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 2585C06F-6E0D-4E38-9B84-B7854FB486BD.jpeg
    2585C06F-6E0D-4E38-9B84-B7854FB486BD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 80
The stick on things look good. Would have saved me tons of work and less swearing. Might still look at some to protect the finish.
The seat I had recovered locally in leather, double stitched and a gel pad. I like Corbin seats so had it made a little like one. It does look comfy doesn’t it?

I plasti-dipped mine black because I don't like the silver but like you mentioned eventually rub off. I've always wanted to powder coat them but that grip tape might be a decent option.

I haven’t seen a photo of a NC750X with polished footrest hangers if that’s what they are called. I personally like the look as I did it once to my Pan European. Mine were all marked where the previous owner had rubbed them with his boots. If you feel like trying it you better be committed as it’s difficult to get down to the raw metal. The lacquer used on the originals is industrial strength and I’m surprised it rubbed at all. They were easy to remove as it’s a DCT and I’ve already moved the back brake to the bars in the clutch position.
Those rearsets look good. Do you find your boots marring the polished finish?

In my younger days I worked for a company that had a line of polished bicycle parts. Something like this Bench polisher Combine that with a stitched wheel and you are good for equipment. One wheel you put a rough compound on it and the other a finishing compound. The compounds are a wax like sandpaper. The parts get really hot so you would need some welding gloves. Don't discount the joys of static electricity. All in all if you are in to this type of thing the time saving may be worth the investment.

In my younger days I worked for a company that had a line of polished bicycle parts. Something like this Bench polisher Combine that with a stitched wheel and you are good for equipment. One wheel you put a rough compound on it and the other a finishing compound. The compounds are a wax like sandpaper. The parts get really hot so you would need some welding gloves. Don't discount the joys of static electricity. All in all if you are in to this type of thing the time saving may be worth the investment.
I have all the gear you mention including “scotchbrite” type wheels for the first cut to remove the lacquer. It was still really hard work.

Back