• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Has anyone used Cramp buster with Grip puppies?

Havok

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know some don’t feel the Cramp Buster is safe on a DCT bike. That is not what I am asking or wish to discuss.
I just am curious if the Grip Puppies make the grip to big to use the Cramp Busters?

Attachments

• 66CBC541-8239-4242-9AC1-AF4B1C110B10.png
    66CBC541-8239-4242-9AC1-AF4B1C110B10.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Yes I have used one. With grip puppies. I believe a GoCruise, Atlas or any other throttle lock is superior in function, with or without Grip Puppies. The Grip Puppies will make it a tight fit but they compress and will work.

I’m also one who believes a Cramp Buster is unsafe on a DCT bike.

Yes I have used one. With grip puppies. I believe a GoCruise, Atlas or any other throttle lock is superior in function, with or without Grip Puppies. The Grip Puppies will make it a tight fit but they compress and will work.

I’m also one who believes a Cramp Buster is unsafe on a DCT bike.
Thank you for the feedback. For someone like me,my riding is mostly in town stop and go traffic. A throttle lock or cruise control system really is not cost effective.
The few times I actually go out of town is usually a short couple of hour joy ride.

Cramp buster comes in 2 sizes. If the grip puppies are to big for the standard size I would think you could upsize.

Cramp buster comes in 2 sizes. If the grip puppies are to big for the standard size I would think you could upsize.
Lol Did not think about that. I already have the Cramp Buster. Ordered the Puppies and as an afterthought I was like will they work together. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for the feedback. For someone like me,my riding is mostly in town stop and go traffic. A throttle lock or cruise control system really is not cost effective.
The few times I actually go out of town is usually a short couple of hour joy ride.
A GoCruise clone is about $10 and a much much safer option than the Cramp Buster on the DCT

I didnt think it would be unsafe to use one. I used one without incident for a couple months and then I saw my wife accidentally lurch off into a cornfield on my bike and figured it was a fluke. She rode it out and there was no injury to her or damage to the bike. It caught the cuff of her glove or jacket.

A month later I had a similar experience at a stop sign. Use with extreme caution and good luck. But I’ll strongly suggest you should look into an alternative.

Thanks for the tip on Go Cruise. Will definitely add it to the list.
I had looked into throttle locks briefly and that one never popped up but for my needs I think it would be good to keep in the frunk.

Thanks for the tip on Go Cruise. Will definitely add it to the list.
I had looked into throttle locks briefly and that one never popped up but for my needs I think it would be good to keep in the frunk.
Actually you can just keep it attached to the throttle. Engage as needed. I personally don’t like the GoCruise due to an issue with my arthritis but many people swear by them. Cheap and effective.

I've used a cramp buster with manual transmission for many years. Why are they dangerous to use with a DCT? Just curious.

I've used a cramp buster with manual transmission for many years. Why are they dangerous to use with a DCT? Just curious.
No clutch. Also you don't shift into N at stop lights, etc. So if your sleeve or glove catches the cramp buster and engages the throttle unexpectedly the bike can lurch out into traffic at an intersection, into the rear of a car at the stop light, etc.

I didn't think it was an issue. Then I saw it happen. Then it happened to me.

I have a cramp buster and a go cruise. 2 different items. When I'm not actively using the cramp buster I spin it off onto the bar end weight which is around town, fun twisties, off-road. Basically anywhere I want to insure smooth throttle control and I'm varying the throttle a lot. It will work with grip puppies but spinning it on/off did eventually damage the puppy. I only use the go cruise on straight highways.

I trim the grip puppy length so it just touches the crampbuster. Because they are roughly the same thickness, it feels more natural to me and I don't notice the crampbuster as much.

Last edited:
I use a cramp buster on my grip puppies, with no problems at all. In fact on both the ST and on the NC.

I know some don’t feel the Cramp Buster is safe on a DCT bike. That is not what I am asking or wish to discuss.
I just am curious if the Grip Puppies make the grip to big to use the Cramp Busters?
I have cramp buster over my grip puppies and yes it fits no problem. I removed my cramp buster as I did not like it on my throttle grip. Also I have NC750X.

I too have DCT and use the grip puppies with my cramp buster. I also trimmed the grip just out of the way of the buster and have enjoyed using both though i have never heard of either of the aforementioned issues... wow! So glad you and your wife were safe there Bobert!

Back