• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hating On Motorcyclist

Brillot2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I came across the following from an online article on Motorcycle.com. I thought you all would enjoy the message.

Let us quit bagging on the millennial, whose seeming lackadaisical attitude hides the kinds of worries older generations didn’t have to deal with. Bust not the chops of the Boomer, though most of our monetary problems really are his fault. Hate not upon the Harley rider, many of who were once sportbikers and could ride rings around you. But feel free to poke fun at loud pipes and lack of helmet on any motorcycle rider. In a pleasant way. When safe to do so.

Fear not the crotch rocketeer; they’re not all idiots, and in time they’ll shed the helmet Mohawk and become solid motorcycle citizens. BMW people are just like the rest of us but with more money; be nice and they might let you onto their private racetrack. The vintage crowd will always be with us; buy them a sandwich. Render unto Ducati what is Caesar’s.

Blameth not the manufacturers, who are making new bikes so fast in all price ranges we can barely “test” them all. Dealers, ahhh, well, okay, dealers are jerks. I kid. They do their best in an era when everybody wants online prices from brick and mortar stores. Feel free to try on 10 helmets then buy one online.

Rev not your engine in town unless you have to to keep it from dying. Wave at little kids and the fairer sex when appropriate, in a non-threatening or suggestive way. Follow the golden rule: Don’t be a dick. Actually it’s treat others how you’d like to be treated, with empathy and understanding no matter what weird junk they inexplicably choose to ride. They’re all motorcycles. Yes, even trikes.

Hey, what about us? No mention of scooter riders?

I love to do the proper motorcycle wave to scooter riders. Most never get the wave and when they finally get one they get very excited. I have watched a couple of them almost fall over trying to wave back! I give everybody on two or three wheels a wave, no matter how many cc's they have or where their feet are sitting.

I love to do the proper motorcycle wave to scooter riders. Most never get the wave and when they finally get one they get very excited. I have watched a couple of them almost fall over trying to wave back! I give everybody on two or three wheels a wave, no matter how many cc's they have or where their feet are sitting.

Me too. I also wave at kids on bikes - they get excited too. We're all in it together against cagers on cell phones.

As for the Wave part, , , I’m a “Waver”! I give a friendly wave to the locals, , , most of them respond with a friendly wave back!! I want them to know that I know they are the locals & that I’m enjoying their space!! I generally wave at all motorcyclists. Mine is much like one you’d offer a friend passing in a car. I lift my left hand off the bar, , above the mirror & give an “Open Hand, , Fingers together” wave. I don’t care for the “Down Low”, , “Peace Sign”, , “One :rolleyes: or Two fingers” raised off the grip or none at all but I still give all of them a friendly wave. I just think that we are a community of people who share a exhilarating, Happy Place skill and I want that other rider to acknowledge that he/she and I are sharing that Happy Place feeling!! I’ve always taken the position that regardless of what that other rider is on he/she generally loves that bike just like I love mine!! I’m not really interested in riding with the Choppers, , , Cruisers, , , Trikes or any of those riders that choose to ride loud but I still give them all a friendly wave!!

I’ve been riding for about 50 years & still love my Dirt Bikes, , Street Bikes, , Dual Sport Bikes & other assorted Two Wheelers. I want to let other riders know I love what I’m doing. If they don’t acknowledge, , ,or give me a different kind of Signal, , , that’s OK, , , I’ll still give them a friendly Wave!! :cool:

Careful Greg, the last time I mentioned scooter, an old man here went all out to slime me and I eventually got kicked out of the UK forum.
Of course.. you cannot kick yourself out of here....
just saying...
:p
Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

You just never know what one person's idea of a good article is.
The author appears to be "seeing" this array of supposed disrespectful words and actions taken by so many.
There may be certain people that either do not like or do not appreciate certain groups.
But I do not see much of it.
And to make an entire article of it.

I am just the opposite.
I have been gaining tremendous appreciation for styles or types of bikes I never considered before.
As someone who was only a cruiser man, I purchased an NC back in 2013 and now look forward to trying MANY different styles.
I am even strongly considering a Honda CRF250L Rally.
Me, on a dual sport?
Me, on a 250cc machine?

So, maybe instead of pointing a finger of hate and distrust, he should point out the large varieties of bikes out there and the fun people are having on them and encourage people to try as many as possible so you can gain a better understanding of what others are enjoying.

Just some thoughts ...
Hello Happy!!

God bless!!

Michael

Back