• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hazard Lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 8387
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8387

Good morning, everyone,

Thank you to everyone who were kind enough to answer my other question on whether the gas gauge flashes when low.

When I was on my annual moto trip with a college buddy, we ran into a lot of rain. A LOT of rain. My buddy, a Bonneville rider (as was I before I bought my 2020 NC), said "you know Bob, I have to admit that I love that your bike has hazard lights. That was great visibility in those torrential downpours."

That got me thinking. I have Denali D4s on the front and Skene P3s on the back, with the Skene's tied into my brake lights. I feel I have good tail light visibility thanks to the P3s (they are bright and they "warble" when they are on). Has anyone wired into the system additional lights, either amber or red, that are tied to the hazard lights? Any recommendations on amber vs. red?

I have Givi 38L panniers and it certainly would be great to have enough wiring to somehow extend them to the back of the panniers when they are on the bike, while if the bike is without panniers, somehow be able to easily mount them back on the pannier racks or attach them to the bike with either clips, velcro or something else. Any recommendations, thoughts, insults, accusations, etc.... are welcome.

Thanks,

hansonb4/bob

Magnets affixed to the rear of the skene like this.

Then a matched ferrous plate at your selected mounting point. I have the last version of skene photon blasters for the front. They have a flat back. Not sure if their redesign changed that.

There is data suggesting that amber lights as indicators reduce rear end collisions.

[/URL]

Admore's brake light has brake, turn, hazzard built into their unit. They are amber turn and hazzard indicators. I know you have Skene...which are some of the best...but Admore might be another option but does not address the pannier solution.

If length is an issue, you can make "sockets" . But that might be a little sketchy.

I think Skene has a controller that will allow you to achieve your desired result of integrating functionality.

Magnets affixed to the rear of the skene like this.

Then a matched ferrous plate at your selected mounting point. I have the last version of skene photon blasters for the front. They have a flat back. Not sure if their redesign changed that.

There is data suggesting that amber lights as indicators reduce rear end collisions.

[/URL]

Admore's brake light has brake, turn, hazzard built into their unit. They are amber turn and hazzard indicators. I know you have Skene...which are some of the best...but Admore might be another option but does not address the pannier solution.

If length is an issue, you can make "sockets" . But that might be a little sketchy.

I think Skene has a controller that will allow you to achieve your desired result of integrating functionality.

Thank you for your post. That is great info. However, your Google link doesn't work.

This won't be popular but it's generally illegal to ride or drive a vehicle with 4-ways flashing. We have torrential tropical rain at times around here and when you have a bunch of people's flashers going off in traffic it's not helping overall visibility of individual vehicles. If you feel like you need them it is time to pull off the road until visibility is better.

This won't be popular but it's generally illegal to ride or drive a vehicle with 4-ways flashing. We have torrential tropical rain at times around here and when you have a bunch of people's flashers going off in traffic it's not helping overall visibility of individual vehicles. If you feel like you need them it is time to pull off the road until visibility is better.
Generally I agree with you, but with that being said:

1. When I've driven a car or my bike, I've never been harassed or stopped by the cops. Furthermore, I do see that often in heavy rain or heavy fog on highways. It's a great way to help people see you. I think we agree to disagree on this point.

2. Sometimes you have to make time and cannot wait for the roads to dry. Here in Texas, at least in the DFW metro-area, I think the national past time is tailgating. Nothing is worse than riding on a wet road, only to have some sort of pickup on your tail, even in the right lane. Flipping on your hazards and then shutting them off after a few seconds is an easy way to send a signal that you are traveling with caution. I agree, generally riding around with hazards on isn't the best.

Back