• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Headed to 3-Step Hideaway, May 4th-12th 2019. From North Idaho to La Sal Utah & back!

Rapturee

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, any and all are welcome to come and meet up for a ride or part of the trip. At 3-Step there are no reservations needed if you are tent camping and bringing your own food, otherwise if you'd like fancier accommodations like a TeePee or Cabin(and meals), make sure to contact Scott & Julie the owners of 3-Step in advance.

I'll be leaving the greater Post Falls Idaho area early morning on May 4th and taking a very direct route to 3-Step,(just to get there more quickly and spend more time there, then i'll be taking a much more leisurely return route). My plan is to take a couple of days to make the 1k trip down there, spend a few days there R&R, get in a day ride or two(mostly relax), then make a very leisurely return trip and be home by the 11th or 12th-which is Mother's Day).

I'll be starting on I-90 at about mile post 5, and heading east bound on I-90 through the beautiful and very scenic state of Montana towards Butte and then turning south on I-15 down through S/W Montana, part of eastern Idaho and down into Utah. Continuing south through Utah to Moab and then on down and over to the 3-Step Hideaway which is located at 2430 Lisbon Valley Rd, La Sal, UT 84530 with GPS Cords= N38 05.542 W109 04.903.

3 Step Hideaway

feel free to PM me if you'd like :{)

Last edited:
I completed my 9 day 2600 mile ride and am glad to be home. Already making plans for another week-long trip later this summer. The NC performed flawlessly and i found that it had power to spare even with the load i had on it.
3Step vac beaver crk inn.jpg

I went through Montana with temps in the high 20's to south eastern Utah in the low 80s and returned home to 85f. My new Fly jacket had plenty of insulation, waterproofness and vents when needed. My Shinko 741's00 only had a couple thousand miles on them when i left and are nearly worn out now that i'm home. Great excuse to mount the new 705's this coming week that have been waiting to be put into duty!

I arrived Sunday afternoon May 5th at 3 Step Hideaway in La Sal Utah. The owners Scott and Julie are great hosts, the food was simply amazing with huge portions and the accommodations were more than i expected from a remote, secluded, off the grid motorcycle retreat. Let me just say, that if you are ever even remotely near that area, you owe it to yourself to stop in and meet/see 3 Step Hideaway!!
3step vac me with bike at cantina2.jpg

There is a lot to do if you're interested, or simply relax and do very little if you'd rather. Literally hundreds of miles of trails available to ride for every level of experience. Incredible scenery to photograph, roads that wind and snake around if you like to burn corners too! Moab is just 45 miles or so north of them and they run an average of 15 degrees cooler each day so it makes for a great summer retreat location. Scott told me they typically only have 1 day during the summer that makes it to 100f.

While there i rode the Lisbon Valley Loop Rd with the Tewster. That was a great ride, with beautiful scenery, twisty mountain roads and good friends!
3Step vac lisbon vly lp rd bikes.jpg

Another day i rode over to Ouray Co and had a fantastic Ruben sandwich at O'Brien's Pub+Grill. I dare say it was the best i've ever had(thanks again for the tip Tewster). Although i do not know the entire process, the meat is cured/seasoned right there and it was oh so good! After the great lunch, i headed out to ride some of the 550-Million Dollar Highway and quickly found myself near Durango Co, so i just continued on. The highway was a fun ride and i suppose it should be after they spent 1M per mile just to build it! I grabbed a foot-long roost beef shamich' at Subway. It's my fav place to grab lunch while on the road, eating half then for lunch and saving the other half for another time. :{)

I then rode into New Mexico, cut west over to Arizona and back up to the 4 corners Monument. The monument was cool to see, but not spectacular. Sadly the whole area was kind of dirty and unkept with a lot litter everywhere(really an eye-sore). I finished out the 500+ mile day and made it back to 3 Step just before dark.
3Step vac cot tent city.jpg

I broke camp and started for home thursday morning May 9th. I made it 500+ miles to Twin Falls Idaho and grabbed a motel. The following morning i piloted it through the 85f heat the remaining 520+ miles home. H-O-M-E... Yah! Me'casa, the hacienda deluxe. Beautiful most days there, mild tempts, lots of wind at times, rain/sprinkled a couple of times though overall an absolutely wonderful time at 3 Step Hideaway! I will be headed there again! :{)

Last edited:
great adventure...I'd love to get back there...need to get healthy first.

Did you say Moab was cooler or Three Step.
When I was in Moab in June '16, 103. ouch. Day later, 43 in Silverthorne, Co.

How'd the cot tent work out? I bought one too, but haven't used it. Awful heavy and long.

I've got a Roll a Cot, much lighter. I wonder if I could switch the cots.

Last edited:
great adventure...I'd love to get back there...need to get healthy first. Did you say Moab was cooler or Three Step. When I was in Moab in June '16, 103. ouch. Day later, 43 in Silverthorne, Co. How'd the cot tent work out? I bought one too, but haven't used it. Awful heavy and long. I've got a Roll a Cot, much lighter. I wonder if I could switch the cots.

Hey Dale. Health first, agreed although 3 Step would do a lot for you just being there haha! 3 Step is on an average of 15f cooler every day. The Cot/Tent worked great, and i am very happy with it. I will be using it again on my next trips. I set it up in the living room when i first bought it, and had to try it out first, it worked good. I like the extra room and would have bought the double but could not carry that one off the side of the bike at nearly 50lbs! I'm not familiar with the "roll-a-cot". i'll have to look that one up and see what it is like. If you do make the trip out there Dale, give me a heads up and i'll do what i can to make the 1k trip down, be a great time meeting up and seeing the place again. It was that nice there, that i've already been talking with the wife/kids about going down there as a family. They have really nice facilities there, you could easily haul your bike and enjoy day rides from there and different places along the way there and back home if need be. :{)

Back