• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Headlight modulator install

[COLOR=BLUE][B]DO YOU,or plan to, MODULATE YOUR NC HEADLAMP/BRAKE LIGHT ?[/B][/COLOR]

• [B]YES !!! ..... BOTH.... Of Course[/B]

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • [B]NO !!! ..... NEITHER.....No Way Jose[/B]

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • [B]MODULATE HEADLAMP ONLY !!![/B]

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • [B]BRAKELIGHT, BUT THAT'S IT !!![/B]

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
P75W.jpg

confused.png
OK.. i got this Kisantech Pathblazer P75w. and.... I want to install it...
confused.png

Problem:

I don't want to cut anything that doesn’t have to be cut, or break anything that I don't want broken..(My usual Methods of Operation). Especially with the headlight...That will seriously put me out of commission…. and I can't afford to take it to a shop at the moment...lol

There are two sets of wires running to the black box behind the headlamp. Does anyone have some insight on which set of wires leads to the High Beam. Also, Does that little box detach from the dust protector, and/or does it open to get to the bulb? and go back together? Also, do I need to cut anything? I just don't want to mess anything up. and the supplied instructions are really lacking.

Any advice/comments/criticisms/slander/suggetions about the installation? I'd very much appreciate the feedback...

!!! DONT FORGET TO VOTE ON THE POLL !!!
!!! DONT FORGET TO VOTE ON THE POLL !!!
I have purchased the service manual through Helm, but it wont arrive for another week or so.... I'd like to do this sooner...

Mahalo !!

Last edited:
I just had my honda dealer wire led lights to my high beam and they tapped into the green wire and the blue wire that does not have the silver dot on it in your picture(closest to front of headlight)works great,hope this helps.

I just had my honda dealer wire led lights to my high beam and they tapped into the green wire and the blue wire that does not have the silver dot on it in your picture(closest to front of headlight)works great,hope this helps.

OK.. thanks.. now we're getting somewhere...

So.. from that, I assume (we know how dangerous that can be) the green is the ground, and the solid blue is the positive switchleg for the HB... But Jodey, did they make the tap outside of that little black box or inside? Did you see them work on it, by any chance? I am afraid to cut anything, or pull out the black box. Do you know? Does it come out? or does it just open up?

This modulator says to just wire it inline with the positive for the HighBeam and no ground needed. So I figure as soon as I find out exactly where I should tap the connection, I'm good.

Has anyone opened up or played with that little box?

THank you....:D

Last edited:
I can't help much but i put headlights in the search some have done it that might help you in the threads.

I can't help much but i put headlights in the search some have done it that might help you in the threads.

Ya, I found a few. There are some nice threads on headlight mods, but I have not found any that actually talk about the wiring. Except the ones that wired into the harness for new LED stuff... and I'm not trying to do all that...

If anyone has the manual and can tell me, definitively, which positive wire leads to the HB and how to get into it, or the best place to make the tap, that would be greatly appreciated... as of now, we're leaning toward the solid blue...lol

Also, If I make the tap outside that box, what waterproofing techniques should I use? That is a very susceptible area to water...

Last edited:
Yes Jay,the big green wire is the ground,I did not watch them do the install but I can see where they tapped it.They used 2 of the splice clamps,not sure what they are called but they are blue and you wrap it around the wire and squeeze it tight and it locks down with a plastic tab.They did this about a 1/2" from the black wiring box that connects to the headlight bulb.I have personally pulled that out before,just pull straight back on it,don't twist it,it should come right out and make it easier to tap.Good luck.

Jay,
To wire the controller in series you will have to cut the wire. The easiest connectors to use would probably be either bullet or spade style. You can find them at any of the auto parts stores, like Autozone or Pep Boys or Advance auto parts. If you want to find them for a little less money, you can also check your local WalMart. The connectors are meant to be installed using wire crimping pliers, but they aren't that expensive and the same stores that carry the connectors also carry the pliers. If you go this route you will need two male and two female connectors. It would also be a good idea to try and find the insulated and waterproof style. You can also use heat shrink tubing to insulate the connections.

Bob

Ok.. ya great idea..especially with the shrink tube. and I did not know where I could find those connectors, thanks for that too...

that's kinda what I was thinking, but I wanted to make certain I had to cut it. I was hoping I could disconnect the wire from the bulb, plug it to the controller and then the controller to the bulb. So I could remove the control and make it stock again real quick. But I guess I'm cuttin....,

Mahalo

Last edited:
You can still kinda make it stock again real quick. When you install the connectors, crimp a male connector to the end of the wire going to the headlight and a female to the wire end coming from the harness. Crimp matching connectors to the modulator wires. To return to stock configuration disconnect the modulator and plug the headlight wire connectors together.

Bob

Last edited:
You can still kinda make it stock again real quick. When you install the connectors, crimp a male connector to the end of the wire going to the headlight and a female to the wire end coming from the harness. Crimp matching connectors to the modulator wires. To return to stock configuration disconnect the modulator and plug the headlight wire connectors together.

Bob

Another great idea Bob... Thanks... :) That's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Jay,do you still need a picture?What exactly does this modulator do?

Ya, sure... please. post 'em if you got 'em. I'm still interested in seeing what they did on your bike.

The one I have makes the highbeam brightness fluxuate from approx. 100% - 85% during the daytime to catch the eye of other drivers.

https://www.kisantech.com/?cat_id=2

Last edited:
What exactly does this modulator do?
It is a safety device to improve the visibility of a motorcycle and from my personal experience do help. This statement from Wikipedia explains it well:
"an accessory device that oscillates the intensity of a motorcycle headlamp at 240 ±40 cycles per minute between approximately 20% and 100% of full intensity. The headlight operates at full intensity 50-70% of the time. United States and Canadian regulations require headlight modulators to include a light sensor that disables modulation when the ambient light level drops below a certain point. When this happens, the headlamps burn steadily."

Here is what i rigged up.... Gonna throw it in now.... And i'm shrink tubing over the connections...
Just have to go run and get the wire...lol. That's just a zip tie i used as a model....:cool:

20130512_143332.jpg

20130512_143359.jpg

Last edited:
....lol
:cool:

Here's the remodeled version (pre-shrink tube) I made it so I could tuck the modulator more safely under the plastic....
Each extreme end has an opposite male/female connection so, like you suggested, I can simply remove the modulator, and connect the original wiring back together.

Last edited:
Back