• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heated Accessories

OhioDeere

Reaction score
Visit site
With out searching through the entire Tech section. whats the Alternator capacity on an 14'. Can it handle grips, jacket, gloves, gps, etc??:cool:

I rode 70 miles today using my Tourmaster heated vest, bike master heated grips, and had my phone plugged in and charging. Voltmeter showed 13.7 - 14.0 volts with vest and grips on highest settings.

I rode 70 miles today using my Tourmaster heated vest, bike master heated grips, and had my phone plugged in and charging. Voltmeter showed 13.7 - 14.0 volts with vest and grips on highest settings.
if it's running that low of a voltage while riding I wouldn't want to add much more load.

With out searching through the entire Tech section. whats the Alternator capacity on an 14'. Can it handle grips, jacket, gloves, gps, etc??
cool.png

I did a search for you and found threads that discusses the alternator output:

Electrical power output?

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/1202-alternator-output.html

[url]https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc750-technical/6129-nc-750x-alternator-wattage.html
[/URL]

I run heated jacket and grips, GPS, phone, LED floodlights, My voltmeter shows 14.2 or so while running, drops into the high 13's at idle. Had no problems on my 2014.

My 2013 DCT has heated grips and LED driving lights. I wear heated socks, pants, jacket and gloves. Run a phone-as-GPS plugged into bike power. No problems. Voltmeter stays above 13 with all that stuff running.

12v nominal doesn't mean 12v is the actual voltage

on a charging system in good working order, 13.7v is about the lowest I like to see: any lower and the battery is barely charging. I typically see more like 14.2-14.5.

Yes is the short answer.

Coming over from the ST1300 or adding a NC700X?

Hey Dave.. Sorry for late response.. I'm not frequent on here. We met couple yrs ago at blueridge gathering.. Uncle Phils rain party! maybe Ohstoc also?
Keeping the ST1300 for a bit more.. Actually the ST1300 is the best bike I've ever owned. And I've had a bunch. What a road warrior!
The 700 doesn't see alot of miles. Every year about now I get the bug to farkle it.. LOL.. for last 4 yrs I've only added pipes! It has 7k on the clock. Not much.

Doug

Back