• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heated seat without a true mod?

radiotinnitus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I want a heated seat for the upcoming cold weather riding. I don't want to spend many hundreds on a new Sargent heated seat with built in controller, wiring, etc. My question is there any 12 volt heated seat pad available that can plug into my 12 volt accessory socket?

The Honda accessory outlet only has a 1 amp fuse. Nowhere near enough for a heated seat.
It's a good reason to not rely exclusively on the Honda accessory power point. It's easy to wire one that can use the full 15 amps available through a power point. It comes in handy for tire compressor use or for something like a heating pad (if they make one that plugs in like this.)

Hi all,

I want a heated seat for the upcoming cold weather riding. I don't want to spend many hundreds on a new Sargent heated seat with built in controller, wiring, etc. My question is there any 12 volt heated seat pad available that can plug into my 12 volt accessory socket?

Pants. You want a good pair of insulated riding pants, and heated boots if your current pair isn't up to the task. Also tuck your feet in out of the wind. I was able to ride to 20F with just heated grips as a commuter 35 minutes each way, back when I had a V-Strom. I only wished I had heated gloves as my thumbs were always cold. Are you planning on riding below 20F. Course your tolerance to cold will very so YMMV.

Here's a picture of what I use. I made a thigh strap for the controller, so I can reach it while riding. Link [HERE]. ($26 not $20 now)

(Cold in California? yes, sometimes. The high desert in winter can be cold (below 40F), and I remember coming down from Lake Tahoe once when it was 28F! Actually that experience is what made me get this stuff!)

91DDynRYrGL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Or use a GOOD set of insulated riding pants and layer under them !!.
I know everybody's tolerance for cold is different and as I get older ( 52 now ) mine go's down.
But I ride year round in Seattle were it is around 35 or colder and raining most days from November to February and I have found after doing this for 35+ years is that LAYERS are my friend.
I wear a balaclava shirt with a sweat shirt over it under my Aerostich Darien jacket.I also wear a pair of Under Armor pants under my First Gear HT over pants ( with the winter liner installed ) and I'm warm and waterproof.I use HIPPO HANDS and my homemade $20 heated grips..

This was the best winter riding gear investment I have ever made !!
90d5edbff4180215792ce5506e48f3b1.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Last edited:
Back