• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heated vest

On each bike I always run the harness from the battery out from under the left front edge of the seat. In use the positive wire from the controller runs across my upper left thigh. I clip the controller to the lower left side of my chest where I can adjust it with either hand without looking. If the jacket doesn't have a way to clip it on I sew on a small piece of 1" webbing. Some riders like to install the controller on the bike up front somewhere but the wires back to the jacket require lengthening.

There is no need to remove any fairing parts or drill holes for this install. On the NC I led the Gerbings wire harness from the battery out of the opening in lower left side of the frunk then back along the tubular frame rail then up the back side of the frunk between the gas tank and the frunk. Then underneath or beside the cross member that supports the front of the seat. I can't recall exactly. A zip tie or three keeps the harness out of view and the female Gerbings connector inside my left thigh when seated. In the warm months I tuck the connector back under the seat out of sight. I suggest never running wires across Honda paint. The clear coat mars very easily but the side panel under the seat on my 2012 and 2015 is paintless matte black.

Last edited:
Perfect I definitely do not want to start drilling anything. My only concern was I have heard complaints that the frunk locking mechanism can break so I want to be cautious of that. The wiring for the heated jacket is quite a bit thicker than a phone cord.
In that case then you may want to run the wiring as Dave did.

As I already have SAE connectors in both mine and my wife's FRUNKS for the Battery Tender I'd be looking to use the same wiring if it was possible.

FWIW, I have a multi-port Battery Tender mounting to the ceiling in my garage, it connects, via drop wires, to various motorcycles, scooters and a side-by-side UTV. If you have more than 1 item that needs a Battery Tender you may want to buy a multi-port system and feed power to all your toys. I used to use individual Battery Tenders and had lots of wires running everywhere, using a multipart system and mounting it overhead simplified all the wires in my garage.

As regards the battery tender subharness, I ran it from the battery through an existing opening then tucked into the frame along the right side of the bike. I use my Optimate charger all the time so I wanted external access to the plug.

I use a Powerlet plug mounted to one of the handlebar clamp bolts for the heat controller.

Wow you guys a very helpful. Gerbing has a male adaptor for the SAE plug on the battery tender so that I will still be able to use the fused harness that comes with the vest and gloves. Couple that with the wireless controller that I think I will fasten to the motorcycle up front probably on the handlebars and I should be good to go. I think I will try ordering online from RevZilla I think others have said they have had good luck using them.

I have heard good things about Gerbing. I have Hotwired jacket and pants. I mainly use the jacket. If your core is warm, your whole body will stay warm. If your core gets cold the body will draw heat from the extremities.
The NC has plenty of excess power for a jacket and pants.

So I ordered the dual zone wireless ready controller from Gerbing but they are out of stock on the wireless remote. So now I will have to pay shipping twice once the remote is in stock :( Oh well one thing at a time for now

The CA Warming one works just as the Gerbings one. I purchased one for my wife three years ago.

Thank you very much. I just ordered this today. I hope it links to my Gerbing. I believe this is what you mean when you said you purchased one for your wife. Have a great day :)

I had an existing SAE pigtail running from the battery to right above the front sprocket cover. There are other wires in that location so it isn't noticed. I can plugin before I mount up and then tuck the cable under the front edge of the seat. I don't know how well that would work with the Gerbin needing an adapter.
On a side note, it is great to be able to plugin on a cold morning while camping.

Thank you very much. I just ordered this today. I hope it links to my Gerbing. I believe this is what you mean when you said you purchased one for your wife. Have a great day :)
Well, I actually purchased the wired old fashioned one but aside from a stuck on label the CA Warming one was identical to the Gerbings wired controller. I think it will work for you. Bluetooth is supposed pair devices with no restriction to particular brands.

After 5 years of riding without heated gear, I just bought a heated jacket. I can usually layer for winter riding just fine, but the idea of not feeling like Ralphie's brother and being less bulky is appealing. I bought a Venture 12v/75 amp jacket
Venture Heated Jacket.jpg
It was much less expensive than Gerbings, which apparently you have to buy the controller and wiring separately when buying the jacket. I know you get what you pay for, but the Venture had good reviews. So we'll see.

So I decided to go with Gerbing heated vest and heated gloves. They came with all the wiring needed to hook up and get riding. I think I got a pretty good deal $300 Canadian for both. What do you guys think? Did I make the right decision?View attachment 43071

Get the dual controller if you don't already have one . Easy to then keep your hands at the needed temperature and your chest and arms at another. Otherwise your hands will be way to hot.

So I finally received the final pieces of my heated wear today. Gerbing vest, gloves, dual heat controller. Paired that with a California heat wireless controller as Gerbing is out of stock on this little bad boy. Thanks for the heads up on that ddualin as you suggested the California heat option. Had to use the vest hardwired on Wednesday as the temperature here was about 10°C. Now I am really ready for the cooler temperatures. Have a great weekend NC riders :)213DB4CF-D6FA-497D-9612-DF70C61DE962.jpeg

After 5 years of riding without heated gear, I just bought a heated jacket. I can usually layer for winter riding just fine, but the idea of not feeling like Ralphie's brother and being less bulky is appealing. I bought a Venture 12v/75 amp jacket
View attachment 43137
It was much less expensive than Gerbings, which apparently you have to buy the controller and wiring separately when buying the jacket. I know you get what you pay for, but the Venture had good reviews. So we'll see.
The liner came in, and I confirmed my SAE pigtail for my battery tender was properly fused, so I just used an SAE-to-coax cable to run the liner. Took it out yesterday with morning temps in the low 40’s. Hedged my bet and in addition to my normal long sleeve compression shirt I added a thermal top, the the heated jacket/liner, then my Kilimanjaro jacket. Ran the liner on the lowest setting and in 20 minutes stopped to take off the thermal shirt!
I should have bought a heated jacket years ago - comfortable, easy to use, and basically I just wear underneath what I wear all the time.
This liner comes with a wireless remote that mounts to the handlebars so adjusting the settings is easy. I ran the power out the left side of the frunk, and it seemed fine even with the frunk lid closed.
I liked this so much I ordered the glove liners.

Last edited:
The liner came in, and I confirmed my SAE pigtail for my battery tender was properly fused, so I just used an SAE-to-coax cable to run the liner. Took it out yesterday with morning temps in the low 40’s. Hedged my bet and in addition to my normal long sleeve compression shirt I added a thermal top, the the heated jacket/liner, then my Kilimanjaro jacket. Ran the liner on the lowest setting and in 20 minutes stopped to take off the thermal shirt!
I should have bought a heated jacket years ago - comfortable, easy to use, and basically I just wear underneath what I wear all the time.
This liner comes with a wireless remote that mounts to the handlebars so adjusting the settings is easy. I ran the power out the left side of the frunk, and it seemed fine even with the frunk lid closed.
I liked this so much I ordered the glove liners.

Looks like you nailed it! I just get by with a tee shirt under the heated jacket liner and my heated glove liners connect at the sleeves of that and I can wear them inside of any gloves I have. No bulky layers anymore. And if you push your pigtail out of the rear/side of the battery box (Then replace the battery box cover) and out the side of the tupperware near your knee, you can hook up there with the controller and never have to worry about running a wire out of the frunk. Or in your case, run the wire up to the handlebar for the remote.

Took me a long time to come around to heated gear - glad I did. You can teach an old dog a new trick..

Back