• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Heavy throttle

merlot

Reaction score
Visit site
have owned this bike(2016 750X)for around 1000K's and it now has around 8000K's on the clock

since purchase i have noticed that the throttle seemed excessively heavy...it snaps back ok but on a decent ride,my forearm was feeling the strain
so i decided to replace/modify the throttle return spring
i pulled the radiator and the frunk and the airbox to access the TB ....the airbox alone would have been sufficient but i needed a result so pulled the bike apart
after removing the TB it became apparent that i wasnt going to get the torsion spring off due to the TB construction
so i tried another approach....i made a loop from fishing trace wire and used this to change the attach point of the spring....a couple of tries and i got it pretty much right.....i ended up unwinding the spring around a quarter of a turn

all good and everything was free..eg throttle snaps back at the TB and cables were free,but when i hooked the cables back up,then the snap return was lost
throttle went back to being heavy,doughy,like treacle under the throttle tube
so i decided to oil the throttle cables(i know they are lined but i was getting desperate)....and as soon as i undid the adjuster on the pull cable,the throttle came perfect
so my problem all along was incorrect cable adjustment...2 days+ of work later and all i needed to do was to dial in some cable slack
ah well,i live and learn
i even used graphite powder under the throttle tube to make things more slippery

but no regrets...i needed a softer throttle as its my experience that throttle locks dont work so well if the throttle is too heavy,and i had just ordered a kaoko locker...bike is now so easy to ride,it feels like added HP

some pics of the job

Attachments

• 20210629_113554[1].jpg
    20210629_113554[1].jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210629_113608[1].jpg
    20210629_113608[1].jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for sharing the details of your problem and solution. This may help someone else with similar symptoms.

Back