• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helite Will Offer Electronic Airbag Technology on the GP Air Vest and the Turtle 2 Ve

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that this will be a purchase of mine in 2020. There are many stories of these devices preventing very serious or even life-threatening injuries.

I had a 30 to 40 mph get off in April that wouldn't have been to bad except for a very sudden stop when I struck the side of a parked vehicle (the front rim, fender and bumper) what gear I was wearing did it's job perfectly but a riding jacket does little to protect your core from impact, I had 13 broken ribs and 95% of my problems were related to that (multiple punctures to the right lung, lacerated liver, lacerated kidney) with what I've heard from others it wouldn't have been a problem if I was wearing a helite

It's on my wish list as well

I picked up a leather Helite vest that's effectively a Turtle 2 very cheap on Ebay. It's comfortable, it's reasonably warm but can be unzipped just a bit without compromising function. I would never pay list price for it though.

It's a shame that it doesn't look like they have any plans to offer retrofits.

Back