• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Hello all, Any advice on the matter, "best" octane 85 thru 94? .... 2012 NC700X, only mods Delkelvic end pipe and K&N air filter. Thanks :)

Yes, but not Wiley. If it's really going to sit for a few months, I _always_ put in stabilizer.

Well now fellow NC riders. I run 87 octane but was wondering if I fill up with ethanol free gas for winter storage would that be good enough or would I still need to add fuel stabilizer? I have already put stabilizer in but the weather keeps getting nice for a day here and there so I have used that all up. So the last few tanks I have put in ethanol free gas as up here in Canada you never know what the next day’s weather will be. Have any others just stored their bikes with ethanol free gas???
I have been told it’s a good idea but I’ve just left mine alone and haven’t had any issues. I’m perhaps I’m just luck I guess.

I might be yelled at for this but - You can use E0 or E10 for winter. I have used E10 for 40 plus years and have zero problems.
Yes I have read all over about the problems from E10. Have not had ANY problems myself, or any one I've worked with, lived by, spoken to - ONLY online people have posted about it. And then other will spread it.
And there is a great YouTube video about that motorcycle guy testing a bunch of fuel stabilizers and not one was 100% effective.
I still use one. I am just questioning IF we really need to use one for winter storage?!?!
I still want to do a test myself.
Put E10 in a jar in my garage over the winter or even a year and see what happens.
My guess - not much.

I might be yelled at for this but - You can use E0 or E10 for winter. I have used E10 for 40 plus years and have zero problems.
Yes I have read all over about the problems from E10. Have not had ANY problems myself, or any one I've worked with, lived by, spoken to - ONLY online people have posted about it. And then other will spread it.
And there is a great YouTube video about that motorcycle guy testing a bunch of fuel stabilizers and not one was 100% effective.
I still use one. I am just questioning IF we really need to use one for winter storage?!?!
I still want to do a test myself.
Put E10 in a jar in my garage over the winter or even a year and see what happens.
My guess - not much.
I agree. I haven’t purchased any E0 for over 10 years, and when I did buy it, it was for fuel mileage research, not storage. I now just use E10, 87 PON, and I rarely use fuel stabilizer.. I cut way back on the fuel stabilizer use do to lack of evidence, in my world, that it was necessary. The engines all work just fine, even after storage. FI engines get no special treatment, carbureted engines always get the carb bowls drained for storage.

Back