• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Important Hello from Fresno California

j9ryan

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m from California and . I’m male, 6’4”, 270 lbs., pushing 60, commute daily on a Suzuki Boulevard C50 and ride a KLR650 on the weekends. You can tell by those choices I’m not usually an ‘early adopter’ but in the case of the NC700X might make an exception. The Honda shop in Prescott, AZ, sez they’ll have one in 6 to 8 weeks.
I’ve ridden the Versys and ‘Wee-Strom’ and like both; would likely have bought one or the other or a BMW F650GS this year if I hadn’t heard of this bike. My criteria: Daily commuter, touring capable, with luggage and wind protection, able to handle harsh cross winds, as much suspension travel as possible to soak up prevalent potholes, tar snakes and the occasional washboard dirt road.
I’ll look forward to you folks’ perceptions of all the above if and when these bikes ever materialize.

I’m from California and . I’m male, 6’4”, 270 lbs., pushing 60, commute daily on a Suzuki Boulevard C50 and ride a KLR650 on the weekends. You can tell by those choices I’m not usually an ‘early adopter’ but in the case of the NC700X might make an exception. The Honda shop in Prescott, AZ, sez they’ll have one in 6 to 8 weeks.
I’ve ridden the Versys and ‘Wee-Strom’ and like both; would likely have bought one or the other or a BMW F650GS this year if I hadn’t heard of this bike. My criteria: Daily commuter, touring capable, with luggage and wind protection, able to handle harsh cross winds, as much suspension travel as possible to soak up prevalent potholes, tar snakes and the occasional washboard dirt road.
I’ll look forward to you folks’ perceptions of all the above if and when these bikes ever materialize.
Having dealt with harsh cross winds in South Idaho and Nevada, I can tell you that the NC700X isn't the best bike. Wind was hard enough that I got sand inside the stock panniers. You've got me by a bit (6ft, 180lbs), but I doubt that'll make much difference. Probably worth noting will be reach to the bars (I needed 2 inches up and 2 inches back to be comfortable) and lower pegs .

Plenty of aftermarket farkles to make it more comfortable. Storage and mpg can't be beat. I'm not a Yamaha fan, so I can't comment on the Versys. The only reason I went with the NC over the Wee Storm was price point and included accessories.

Welcome to the ride J9ryan and a hearty welcome from northern IDAHO! I can relate to some of what you were sayin' as i'm 6'5" 225. Though, i have been all over the western states and places where there are wind advisories, some not far from my place and IMHO the NC has handled them extremely well yet ymmv.... Regardless, ride often and enjoy!
:{)

You wouldn’t be an early adopter of the NC700X as it came to the USA almost 10 years ago.

The stock suspension on the NC700X or NC750X is low budget and doesn’t soak up potholes or do washboard. In fact, I found the stock rear shock to be horrible on washboard. However, there are aftermarket options to improve the stock suspension

The 2021 NC750X has less suspension travel than all previous years of the NC-X line. Perhaps Honda was trying to lower the seat height a bit.

The best features of the NC700X/750X are it’s low reving engine, great fuel economy, the frunk, and if you’re interested, an available automatic transmission option. The NC-X makes an awesome commuter.

Back