• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from new member

StevieD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all,

My name is Steve, I'm from Burlington, Ontario, Canada. i ride a 2014 NC 750X, purchased from the Honda dealer as a demo in Sept/15. We're currently in a Covid 19 lockdown (plus its winter) which has got me missing time on the bike. It's also renewed my urge to spend more time ridding, including some touring. My bike is bone stock. i recently thought about trading it in for something more tour-worthy (cabin fever). My research brought me right back to the bike in my own garage lol. I need to figure out easy luggage options. From what I've seen the bike may be too old to add model-specific solutions eg Givi (at least in Canada). I'll post specific questions later.

Looking forward to getting to "meet" my fellow NCers!

Steve

Hello to all,

My name is Steve, I'm from Burlington, Ontario, Canada. i ride a 2014 NC 750X, purchased from the Honda dealer as a demo in Sept/15. We're currently in a Covid 19 lockdown (plus its winter) which has got me missing time on the bike. It's also renewed my urge to spend more time ridding, including some touring. My bike is bone stock. i recently thought about trading it in for something more tour-worthy (cabin fever). My research brought me right back to the bike in my own garage lol. I need to figure out easy luggage options. From what I've seen the bike may be too old to add model-specific solutions eg Givi (at least in Canada). I'll post specific questions later.

Looking forward to getting to "meet" my fellow NCers!

Steve
Greetings from Winnipeg.
In getting ready to take delivery of a new '20 NC750X DCT, I also gave up on finding accessories here in Canada.
The few places to buy at other than MSRP are fortnine.ca, GPbikes.ca, and TwistedThrottle.ca
Those above-mentioned online companies are usually out of stock of most items, and are still quite pricey.
I ended up getting kitted out with GIVI stuff from carpimoto.it, based in Genoa Italy.
Their prices are so low, that even with shipping by DHL Air Express, customs fees, and taxes, they are still much cheaper than anybody in Canada.
Their selection is vast, and everything is in stock.
Here's the link: https://www.carpimoto.it/en-CA/
I have nothing but good things to say about this online retailer.
Terry

I had similar experience as bigbird. I used motostorm.it for mine. I ended up getting aluminum luggage instead of plastic for the same money. I spot checked a piece on motostorm and carpimoto. On that small sample the caprimoto pricing was better. Good luck with your search.

Welcome to both of you from another new NC rider (bought Dec. 11, 2020). Mine is a 2012 and is pretty well equipped already. Have you tried Revzilla and Twisted Throttle in the states? I have found a few Givi pieces from them. I will check out the above-mentioned sites in the future.

Hope spring comes soon, not to rub it in, but it was 75F and sunny yesterday for a New Years Day ride here in FL. Best wishes for lots of fun with your new Honda!

Greetings from Winnipeg.
In getting ready to take delivery of a new '20 NC750X DCT, I also gave up on finding accessories here in Canada.
The few places to buy at other than MSRP are fortnine.ca, GPbikes.ca, and TwistedThrottle.ca
Those above-mentioned online companies are usually out of stock of most items, and are still quite pricey.
I ended up getting kitted out with GIVI stuff from carpimoto.it, based in Genoa Italy.
Their prices are so low, that even with shipping by DHL Air Express, customs fees, and taxes, they are still much cheaper than anybody in Canada.
Their selection is vast, and everything is in stock.
Here's the link: https://www.carpimoto.it/en-CA/
I have nothing but good things to say about this online retailer.
Terry
Happy New Year Terry,

Congrats on the new bike! Thanks for the info/recommendation. I look forward to checking that link out.

I'm curious, what made you decide on the NC? What other bikes were on your short list?

Steve

Happy New Year Terry,

Congrats on the new bike! Thanks for the info/recommendation. I look forward to checking that link out.

I'm curious, what made you decide on the NC? What other bikes were on your short list?

Steve
The only other bikes on my short list were a '20 Goldwing DCT, an Africa twin, and the NC.
The Goldwing was quickly removed, as I wanted a bike that wasn't 50 lbs lighter than my F6B, I wanted something a LOT lighter.
Goldwing gone.
Next, the AT.
I didn't want a bike that I needed an elevator to get up on the saddle, even though I'm 6'1".
And AT's aren't cheap.
AT gone.
NC750X DCT left.
Perfect!

Back