• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from Texas

Torgo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Got my 2015 DCT (black) on Wednesday and love riding it around town. I like how I don't have to worry about what gear I should be in when I am moving through thick traffic. It is one less thing to worry about. I can devote more mental energy to reacting to traffic and picking my spots.

I took it out for a spin this afternoon and put 70 highway miles on it and about died. My crotch was killing me at about 15 miles in but I wanted to go visit a local lake so I pushed on through. When I got back into town, I was so relieved to get a stoplight because I was able to stand up and get off the saddle. I will have to buy a saddle pronto if I want to make any more rides greater than 15 miles. I can ride around town as long as I like because I can stand up at the lights.

I will also have to get a taller windscreen. I am 6'3" and as I was traveling into a fairly strong headwind, I was getting buffeted about.

Well that is all for now.

T.

Welcome to the board.
I think most everyone complained about the seat except for me. I find it fine. Must be my butt shape?
You will find various types of seats and wind screens if you perform a search.

Ken

Howdy from Houston. Hard to find any motorcycles that come with a comfortable seat. Lots of very good after market seats to choose from. Put your first after market accessory money into a good seat and second a good windshield.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the bike. I had the same crotch problem (LOL) when I first got this bike. Slightly painful. You might think about doing the "slope mod" right away while you wait for a new seat. It may help.

There are a ton of threads on seats and windscreens. To save you time it seems that the Madstat could be the best winbdscreen option for a taller rider. I don't own that screen but many do and many have bought several and end up with a Madstat in the end. Look over the threads and make your own choice.

Welcome from Vermont. Good luck with the new bike. Lots of people hate the seat and the windshield, I did when I first got mine. I think it's interesting how folks hate on the seat and windshield but will do what they can to make the bike work for them. I'm in the same boat, I was completely smitten with the bike on the test ride I took.

Thanks for the welcomes! I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now and only recently joined because because I wanted to wait until I was ready to pull the trigger on the purchase. Doing the research here over the past month I have settled on purchasing the Madstat but still haven't decided on the saddle. People have high praise for the Shad but they mention that they don't like the sliding forward problem. I'll have to look around more to see how people have resolved that problem.

Does anybody else think that the handgrips could be bigger in circumference? I do, so I have ordered some neoprene wraps. They should also help dampen the vibrations inherent in motorcycling as well.

Can anybody recommend a good service manual that can assist me in making adjustments to the bike? The Honda Owner's Manual only goes so far and I am looking for something more in-depth and detailed. The first thing I want to do is lower the angle of my rear brake pedal.

Cheers!

Greetings from a Texan in Mary Land and welcome to the group!

I hate to disappoint folks here but the NC700X does not come stock with a windshield. It normally comes stock with a windscreen, as described in the manual. Windscreen means it is a little piece of plastic that is made to keep the wind off the screen. It is not to keep the wind off of the rider, it's to keep the wind off that little screen in the center down in front of the handlebars, hence the name windscreen.

When this windscreen is combined with the stock mirrors, Honda has been able to create maximum wind turbulence for the rider, which, when combined with the stock seat, results in maximum discomfort for most riders.

I know that I am being a bit facetious here but not really!

Have fun adding farkles and riding!

Charles

Windscreen.JPG

Welcome to the forum and the DCT. I'm in The Woodlands and really enjoy the DCT, especially with my arthritis. My first mod was a Madstad windshield. Great people and they will customize to your size. It is adjustable in angle and height. I'm headed out to Big Bend on Tuesday. It's a great bike.

Welcome! I spend a lot of time on trips in TX these days. Got Friends and family there.

One of the best camping sites I've ever been was in Muleshoe Texas.

GPS: 33.958573, -102.755013
[Website]

People have high praise for the Shad but they mention that they don't like the sliding forward problem. I'll have to look around more to see how people have resolved that problem.

Until you get a real seat solution, try sitting forward in the seat so the slope doesn't push you anymore. My theory is this keeps pants crotch fabric from rolling underneath and abusing the ol' nards.

Does anybody else think that the handgrips could be bigger in circumference?

Yes, I noticed that right away. Got hand cramps before I remembered to grip with the knees and keep a relaxed grip on the handbars. I might wrap them with something.

fratermus, I did move forward and that helped for awhile but that position became painful as well, just on different parts. To make it home I even began sitting on the passenger seat so that the pressure was placed elsewhere.

Hello from Dallas. By chance, is Torgo a reference to Manos, the Hands of Fate?

Yes it is! I'm a big MST3K fan and that has got to be one of the worst movies ever made but one of the best MST episodes ever.

bluecrab, how do you like your Sargents seat? Did you have any trouble installing it or find that you had to make adjustments to it later? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

fratermus, I did move forward and that helped for awhile but that position became painful as well, just on different parts. To make it home I even began sitting on the passenger seat so that the pressure was placed elsewhere.

Yes it is! I'm a big MST3K fan and that has got to be one of the worst movies ever made but one of the best MST episodes ever.

Agreed. Terrible movie. Great episode. I don't know if you follow Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, but it's a pretty good (internet only) show. I mention it only because he did an episode with Joel Hodgson last year.

FYI, at 6'3", you qualify for our presigious Tall Riders Group. http://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/tall-riders.html I have tried to compile relevant tall people threads. Some of them were started by me, in my quest to slowly tweak the bike to fit a taller person. I found that for surface streets (up to 40mph) in the summer, completely removing the windscreen is actually pretty quiet. For the interstate, or for any other times of year, my current preferred screen configuration is a Cee Bailey's Tall screen with an MRA X-Creen add-on. Basically, I don't like the air split on my helmet. It is OK if it is completely in open air, or completely under the screen.

Hello from Houston! I JUST got my used 2013 NC, yesterday and joined the forum, today. I am looking forward to making my 76 mile daily commute (roundtrip) on this bike. The only aftermarket accessory it came with is some Barkbusters. I will try the stock seat and windscreen for a couple of weeks, before deciding which needs to be replaced 1st. I've read that the Barkbusters interfere with some of the aftermarket screens when locking. Is there a screen that works with the Barkbusters?

Back