• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hello from upstate New York

MattR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! Have had my bike for a couple weeks now and figured its time to introduce myself. My name is Matt and I've been working at a Honda dealership as a motorcycle technician for almost 3 years now. A couple years ago my car finally quit on me and I only had my 2006 Ninja 650 for transportation. Well being in New York we get a nice thing called winter and I needed something for the snow. Long story short ended up trading my bike to my neighbor for his car, a nice subaru perfect for the snow. Flash forward a couple years and I've been working around and setting up new bikes at the dealership I couldn't take it anymore and had to get a bike. After a lot of consideration and research I came to the conclusion that the NC700X was the perfect bike for me. Landed a sweet deal on a leftover 2015 in red that's been in the shop and have been enjoying every mile on it. Can't believe how well t handles and find myself rubbing my boots on the pavement during turns often haha. This bike is everything I wanted my old 650 to be in one package. Honestly the only complaint I really have is the seat so I'll have to find some gel cover or something for it (Any suggestions let me know :)), already have sheepskin from my old bike I'll use on top for long trips. So yeah that's my story and I look forward to meeting some of you and being in discussions :) Like they say...You meet the best people on a Honda.

-Matt

i tried gel on a dualsport, didn't work as well after awhile

Welcome from so cal! Yay, a Honda technician! I've only had the bike for couple of weeks but I started off with an air hawk from my old bike and I thought it was perfect. Then I won an auction for the Shad seat and I think it's about even in terms of comfort but Shad definitely wins on aesthetics. It is also a lot more pricey so you'll have to decide what's more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back