• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmet fitment in 21 frunk

I have an i90 large and it fits my 2013 S model with the tool kit installed.
Now that is interesting as the 2022 frunk is larger than the 2013 and I believe I need the large size lid so contrary to what most of the other subscribers are telling me it sounds as if I should be onto a winner - thanks for that

IMG_20221004_184653.jpg
HelmetIMG_20221004_184740.jpg
Frunk
IMG_20221004_184802.jpg
Packed

I don't know if the S model has a slightly different frunk size. I assumed it would be the same as the X for the given year. I know the frunk volume increased over time but I don't know if any of the dimensions changed preventing it from fitting now

Was thinking of upgrading to a Neotec 2 next year. Hopefully the 2022 frunk is big enough for an XL (assuming, but haven't tried on yet).

In case helpful to someone else my LS2 Assault in XL fits in the 2022 frunk with a Cardo Freecom 4x with the opening of the helmet facing forward.

I test fitted the Neotec 2 the same day I did the Scuberth C3 Pro, and the Shoei didn’t fit in my 2021.

Even if my new helmet fit, I carry other stuff in the frunk so it will never really work for me. I cable it on the tail when I'm parked. I thought I'd use it for the helmet all the time but extra gloves and spare stuff takes up just enough that the helmet doesn't naturally fit.

I wear a Shoei RF1200 helmet and I made sure it fitted inside the frunk before I bought the bike. I got a bug up my butt lately and been looking at modular helmets. I stopped at Cycle Gear to check some out in person. I first looked at the Schuberth C3 Pro. It was a nice helmet but it felt tight around my jaw. They let me bring it out to my bike and test fit it inside the frunk. It fit without issue, it was actually smaller then my RF1200. The next one I tried on was the Shoei Neotec 2. It was a really nice fit just like my RF1200. I couldn’t close the frunk lid with the Neotec. It wouldn’t even fit in my Givi 37 liter pannier, what the hell? I guess I will wait until the Schuberth C5 hits the stores in the US and try it out.
I have an XL Schuberth C4 Pro and it won't fit in the Frunck either. I was disappointed at first, but found that with all the other little bits I put in the frunck, I'm better off carrying around the Schuberth with me, which easy with the rachet style strap instead of D rings. Besides, letting a $700 helmet out of my sight was a bit unnerving.

Can't fault Honda on this one. Helmet size is a moving target with aerodynamic wings, communication devices attached, etc. I have not tried to put my helmet in the frunk because I keep my tire pump and repair kit and other 'stuff' in there.
A much more sensible use in my view, than just having it empty to put a helmet in on occasion.

Well I’ll be damed. I never check the tool kit and it does have a helmet cable. Honda calling this a tool kit is a stretch, a screwdriver and a fuse puller. My old Royal Enfield Himalayan had enough tools in its kit to disassemble the bike. I guess that’s the difference between a 3rd world motorcycle and a Japanese motorcycle. You don’t need any tools because their pretty much maintenance free and reliable.
When my dealer delivered my 2023 NC750XD, I was shocked at the tool kit, We went to the parts dept and ordered all the tools on the tool kit schematic.
Problem solved.:)

Reactions: MZ5
When my dealer delivered my 2023 NC750XD, I was shocked at the tool kit, We went to the parts dept and ordered all the tools on the tool kit schematic.
Problem solved.:)
Let us know if you ever need those tools out on the road somewhere. I carry on the NC a large group of tools when on long trips, but in over ten years I‘ve never needed them, that I can recall. I even went to Newfoundland, 6000 mile round trip, and managed to not even adjust the chain. With a well designed and maintained modern motorcycle, there is not much that should break.

Let us know if you ever need those tools out on the road somewhere.

I did. I also bought all the tools on the parts diagram from my selling dealer when I got the bike, and I actually used a couple of them one time. I helped my riding partner stop a coolant leak on his bike by adjusting a hose clamp.

It _was_ a Honda (a VTX1800), it just wasn’t Wiley.

(-:

My rule of thumb is to carry tools for repairs I think I could do on the road. Adjust & lube chain, fix a flat on the bike. Thats about it for me. Im not even sure I have the tools on the bike to adjust the chain lol. I know I do have a tire repair kit in the frunk.

Reactions: MZ5
Let us know if you ever need those tools out on the road somewhere. I carry on the NC a large group of tools when on long trips, but in over ten years I‘ve never needed them, that I can recall. I even went to Newfoundland, 6000 mile round trip, and managed to not even adjust the chain. With a well designed and maintained modern motorcycle, there is not much that should break.
If you carry tools, the bike will never break down. Murphy's law.

Last edited:
My NC700S takes an HJC I70 Large (with the cloth bag on it) quite nicely. I do recall that when we had an NC750X in the showroom, we kept a helmet in the frunk to show it off. Not every helmet would fit. If we ever get a 2024, I’m going to go on a mission to test all the helmets in stock for fit. Personally, I suspect I would only rarely want to put my helmet in the frunk. Maybe when running to the grocery store, but other than that, I would have other gear in there. As for the tool kit, I’ll do what I always do: make up my own proper tool kit, and leave the stock one in the “spare parts that go with the bike when sold” box.

Back