• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmet fitment in 21 frunk

Finklejag

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear a Shoei RF1200 helmet and I made sure it fitted inside the frunk before I bought the bike. I got a bug up my butt lately and been looking at modular helmets. I stopped at Cycle Gear to check some out in person. I first looked at the Schuberth C3 Pro. It was a nice helmet but it felt tight around my jaw. They let me bring it out to my bike and test fit it inside the frunk. It fit without issue, it was actually smaller then my RF1200. The next one I tried on was the Shoei Neotec 2. It was a really nice fit just like my RF1200. I couldn’t close the frunk lid with the Neotec. It wouldn’t even fit in my Givi 37 liter pannier, what the hell? I guess I will wait until the Schuberth C5 hits the stores in the US and try it out.

I wear a Shoei RF1200 helmet and I made sure it fitted inside the frunk before I bought the bike. I got a bug up my butt lately and been looking at modular helmets. I stopped at Cycle Gear to check some out in person. I first looked at the Schuberth C3 Pro. It was a nice helmet but it felt tight around my jaw. They let me bring it out to my bike and test fit it inside the frunk. It fit without issue, it was actually smaller then my RF1200. The next one I tried on was the Shoei Neotec 2. It was a really nice fit just like my RF1200. I couldn’t close the frunk lid with the Neotec. It wouldn’t even fit in my Givi 37 liter pannier, what the hell? I guess I will wait until the Schuberth C5 hits the stores in the US and try it out.
Have you tried getting a smaller head? That way you could use smaller helmets that would fit the frunk better! :p

Couldn't tell you if my HJC modular will fit in the frunk because I would never try and put it in there. Like TNHoosier I keep my tire repair kit, a cap, a bottle of drinking water, small bottle of hand sanitizer, a small bottle of face shield spray with a clean rag, a paper state map, and a couple of rok-straps in there in case I need to lash something to the back seat. All the things I would carry in my tank bag if I had one. At a lunch stop I will throw my gloves in there and my balaclava if I am wearing one. I lock my helmet to the bike with a helmet guardian on the rear lic plate bracket, or if the weather is bad, or I'm in a sketchy area, I'll just carry it with me.

I wear a large helmet, so I have an average melon. The Shoei in matte blue was so nice looking.

The next one I tried on was the Shoei Neotec 2. It was a really nice fit just like my RF1200. I couldn’t close the frunk lid with the Neotec. It wouldn’t even fit in my Givi 37 liter pannier, what the hell? I guess I will wait until the Schuberth C5 hits the stores in the US and try it out.
The Shoei Neotec 2 I wanted have only 2 shell sizes. The XSS to M uses the smaller shell size while sizes L to XXL gets the big shell. I needed a Large size, alas with the big shell. Besides not even fitting in my Givi 35 pannier nor the frunk, it made me look like I had a bubble-head when wearing it. Too bad, it was so comfy...

Can't fault Honda on this one. Helmet size is a moving target with aerodynamic wings, communication devices attached, etc. I have not tried to put my helmet in the frunk because I keep my tire pump and repair kit and other 'stuff' in there.
Same here. I’m not sure
The Shoei Neotec 2 I wanted have only 2 shell sizes. The XSS to M uses the smaller shell size while sizes L to XXL gets the big shell. I needed a Large size, alas with the big shell. Besides not even fitting in my Givi 35 pannier nor the frunk, it made me look like I had a bubble-head when wearing it. Too bad, it was so comfy...
I want to say my original Neotec medium fit in the frunk without the Sena cradle installed on it but I never stored a helmet in there. I prefer a top box for that. Like a couple of other posts above I keep tire repair tools, clothing layers, gloves and a man purse holding miscellaneous always-on-a-bike stuff in there.

I read the Neotec 2 comes in 4 shell sizes. Whatever their shell sizes are their large doesn’t fit in my bike.

Man
I read the Neotec 2 comes in 4 shell sizes. Whatever their shell sizes are their large doesn’t fit in my bike.
On many sites they say 4 shell sizes. Their pamphlet (pics) lists 3 shell sizes. When I was shopping for this helmet last year we found with the sales person a specification listing only 2 shell sizes. Maybe it is a matter of different markets ?(Canada in my case). Anyhow the shell for Large size was way too big for me...

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.17.54 AM.pngNeotec2_ShellSize.png

Never use a top box for a helmet, most expensive helmet is $300+.

Try a gun - cable lock and place it on your rear seat or handlebar.

Worse case , use the provided helmet cable.

Helmets can go up to $900 these days. My Shield alone was $200. I don’t want to lock my helmet to my seat or handle bars. The 2021 NC doesn’t have helmet cable.

My 2021 has one also, but it would take an emergency for me to resort to that. I guess if my helmet was $900 and the shield an extra $200 I might be hesitant to leave it behind, but my helmet was a lot less than that and has the shield that came on it lol

Well I’ll be damed. I never check the tool kit and it does have a helmet cable. Honda calling this a tool kit is a stretch, a screwdriver and a fuse puller. My old Royal Enfield Himalayan had enough tools in its kit to disassemble the bike. I guess that’s the difference between a 3rd world motorcycle and a Japanese motorcycle. You don’t need any tools because their pretty much maintenance free and reliable.

Well I’ll be damed. I never check the tool kit and it does have a helmet cable. Honda calling this a tool kit is a stretch, a screwdriver and a fuse puller. My old Royal Enfield Himalayan had enough tools in its kit to disassemble the bike. I guess that’s the difference between a 3rd world motorcycle and a Japanese motorcycle. You don’t need any tools because their pretty much maintenance free and reliable.
Maintenance free? Have you looked at the maintenance task intervals compared to other street legal vehicle types? Show me a car that needs the valves checked every 16,000 miles, or a final drive system that can barely go 15,000 miles without parts replacement. Japanese motorcycles are generally quite maintenance intensive.

short changed the tool kit. you forgot the allen wrench

I bought a new helmet because the previous one was too small (youth XL - yes I have a very small head!). I'm now doing longer rides, so it really started to matter. My new HJC C91 is huge! Even though it's a small. I love the features but am disappointed that it doesn't fit in my frunk. I don't ride with my top box, but if the helmet fits, that might change.

Attachments

• NewHelmet.jpg
    NewHelmet.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • HelmetComparison.jpg
    HelmetComparison.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
I bought a new helmet because the previous one was too small (youth XL - yes I have a very small head!). I'm now doing longer rides, so it really started to matter. My new HJC C91 is huge! Even though it's a small. I love the features but am disappointed that it doesn't fit in my frunk. I don't ride with my top box, but if the helmet fits, that might change.

Wow, that’s a huge helmet. A lot of the manufacturers just have 2 shell sizes snd just put different size foam inside. Shoei is one of the manufacturer’s that have 3-4 shell sizes. My Cycle Gear let me take helmets out to my bike to see if they fit in the frunk. I wear a size large (59-60mm) helmet. My Shoei RF1200 fits.

Back