• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help deciphering OEM part number - Horn bracket

Chabon

Reaction score
Visit site
Need horn bracket for 2015. It is shown on OEM schematic - Wiring Harness, it’s item F-41 in bold print. Not listed with all the other numeric parts numbers associated with diagram. Have checked several sites and this part is using strange nomenclature. Ideas?

Last edited:
Think it’s number 8 in this diagram

FYI
The F-41 goes back to the microfiche days F is frame section slide 41. Not much help these days as the online diagrams are not in order. E-13 would be engine section slide 13.

FYI
The F-41 goes back to the microfiche days F is frame section slide 41. Not much help these days as the online diagrams are not in order. E-13 would be engine section slide 13.
Thanks. Will call dealer tomorrow and see what they can figure out. 8 looks somewhat similar but is a stay to support the fairing. Took me a while to locate this part, wasn’t expecting it to show up on wiring harness!

I think *8 is correct...It is the stay for the cowl and the front part is the bracket to hold the horn in place.
That’s what I thought at first but part #1 on same diagram is the radiator grommet and part #12 is for air box which locates this part well above the horn bracket, rats!

Last edited:
you can get a horn and bracket off of fleabay $4.99 + Shipping.
Nice, but my bracket has two holes on the side and is different shape! Think I will just make one out of some flat stock and bend as necessary,

FYI

Perfect information. Partzilla couldn’t figure it out, called Honda Motorsport NA and yes, refers to diagram 41. Diagram 41 corresponds to Under Cowl which refers to #8. Must use the same bracket in 2 places, the radiator and air box references threw me

After examining things more closely, the horn bracket is sandwiched on top of #8 with 2 bolts. I ordered #8 and #18 and will see what I get. I also checked the eBay sale which was close but still different. Will look around eBay some more. I think #18 is the part that sandwiches on top of #8, although mine looks different than diagram.

Last edited:
Perfect information. Partzilla couldn’t figure it out, called Honda Motorsport NA and yes, refers to diagram 41. Diagram 41 corresponds to Under Cowl which refers to #8. Must use the same bracket in 2 places, the radiator and air box references threw me

After examining things more closely, the horn bracket is sandwiched on top of #8 with 2 bolts. I ordered #8 and #18 and will see what I get. I also checked the eBay sale which was close but still different. Will look around eBay some more. I think #18 is the part that sandwiches on top of #8, although mine looks different than diagram.
that is weird, I compared that ebay part to my 2013 Nc700x last night and it is the same part holding my horn in place.

that is weird, I compared that ebay part to my 2013 Nc700x last night and it is the same part holding my horn in place.

Here are some photos, the plate that snapped off (red line where broken) where the horn was attached has two holes with the bolts going through and one area in the back (red outline) where a zip tie goes thru to hold the wires in place. If someone can grab a photo of what is supposed to be here I'd gladly repay you on tuesday! Ignore blue crimp connector, that was an extra ground I added.

Maybe the ebay part attached to the missing piece of my bracket? I have SW Motech engine guard mounted so you might see something that doesnt belong on the stock setup.
InkedIMG_8749_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_8751_LI.jpg

BINGO! Pulled out the SW Motech Engine Guard installation guide and the stock horn bracket is replaced by the one provide by SW Motech. Thanks for all the help guys, my oversight. :eek: Two or Three months to maybe get replacement at unknown price. Looks like a homemade one is in order.

Last edited:
Back