• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help me (again) where to ride next!

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody,
Need your help (again) to pick my next trip. Or at least please “influence” me. :D
I plan to ride 11 days, from May 28th until June 8th. Of course, if the @#&^!!@# weather permits.
These are “candidates”
  • Route 66, from Chicago to… as far west as possible. Probably would reach Albuquerque, NM… (CON: last year did it with family, in the car, from Joplin, MO to LA, CA. The memories are still fresh… :D)
  • Lincoln Highway from Ames, IA to New York City. On the way back eventually visit CT, RI, MA, ME, NH, VT, and get back home via Niagara Falls and Detroit...
  • Angel Inlet - the northernmost point of contiguous US. And then some rides around the Great Lakes (Duluth, Copper Harbor, Mackinaw City, Green Bay, Newport, Milwaukee…)
  • Great River Road Started 2 years ago at Mississippi Headwaters (Lake Itasca), through MN, WI, IA to Hannibal, MO. Now is time to continue to New Orleans (Venice Marina, [29.240721, -89.366815], to be exact)
  • Home - Blue Ridge Parkway - Washington, DC - Gettysburg, PA - Home. Something like this. Did about third of the BRP last year and I LOVE IT!
  • Colorado Rocky Mountain, Grand Lake, Colorado National Monument, Loveland Pass, Pikes Peak, Skyline Dr. to Canon City, Royal Gorge Bridge, Great Sand Dunes… and, hopefully a lot of “off-road activities” :D . I'm kinda leaning toward this one (last year was between the Tail of the Dragon and Colorado ;) ), but I would really like to have somebody with me - newbie in "off-roading" :D

Or, please suggest something. I’m pretty sure there is tons of other must-ride routes that I’m not aware of.

There is couple routes that I would really like to ride. But to do it I need much more time (and money). Like from Seattle to Los Angeles via Pacific Coast Highway. It’s over 6K miles and I need almost 3 weeks. I know it’s possible to do it in 10 days. 600 miles /day is not my way of riding. 350-450 miles a day - and plenty time to enjoy the scenery and talk to people.
The same issue is Key West, another one at the top of my Bucket list. And it would be incredible HOT in July!

So... What would you suggest?
:D

Last edited:
Wow aFan, that sounds like a great time ahead of you. Let me suggest, that if you do decide to come out west that you owe it to yourself to stop in at the 3 Step Hideaway. It is just a short distance north of the 4 Corners Monument (Utah-Colorado-NewMex-Arizona) and about 50 miles south of Moab Utah. They are at a pretty high elevation so they are normally about 15f cooler every day than Moab which makes it very nice to come, stay and ride. I stayed there 5 days and from there i took a couple of day rides. One day I hit Ouray Co for lunch and then rode the Million Dollar Hwy(that was cool), then down through Durango and over to the 4 Corners Monument and back. Monument Valley is a nice ride, i rode part of that as well. Moab of course. Wherever you decide, ride safe and have a blast!
:{)

3 Step Hideaway

3step vac me with bike at cantina2.jpg

Last edited:
It’s already getting hot. The Lake Superior circle tour would keep you away from crowds, traffic, and heat. Of your choices listed, I’d take the Colorado trip or the Great Lakes. Colorado would have more spectacular scenery.

Like 670 said it is hot. So, go North !!!!!!!!!!
It is always smart to get off the road between 1pm and 4pm (the heat of the day). I have set in malls and watch folks walk by, go to a movie, or just stop for a while to fill-up and eat. Truck stop TV rooms are a great place to cool down, watch TV, get a little sleep, and get something to eat.

D0866C26-0F88-43A7-AF4F-875FF231D6BC.jpg

Last edited:
Like 670 said it is hot. So, go North !!!!!!!!!!
It is always smart to get off the road between 1pm and 4pm (the heat of the day). I have set in malls and watch folks walk by, go to a movie, or just stop for a while to fill-up and eat. Truck stop TV rooms are a great place to cool down, watch TV, get a little sleep, and get something to eat.

View attachment 38259

Those are some great tips. I’ve killed time in motorcycle dealerships as well just kicking tires, talking shop, drinking coffee or soda, and cooling off.

It looks like it's Colorado.
Thanks guys (again).
:D

P.S. Chris, when I get more about dates, places and routes I'll let you know, for sure! :D

Hm... Lesson learned! Never tell your wife about your beautiful riding plans - she's gonna steal it from you!

giphy.gif

After I showed my wife my Colorado route and places I plan to see - she REALLY liked it so much that she's gonna cancel her plans and now we go together... BY CAR!!!!

giphy.gif

Learn from my mistake, keep your mouth shut!!!!

Back