• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hepco & Becker Junior 55 top case and Alurack

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

Want a top case that's large but doesn't seem obtrusive, is well-built and can really take a pummeling, uses its 55 liters of internal space well due to a less-cliched yet streamlined shape, seems deluxe and refined? this is one that people should take seriously. It's probably going to be joined by Junior panniers in the future because I'm impressed after seeing a lot of other cases first hand. I could get a lot wordier, but the main purpose of me chipping in here is to get people to take a real look at this quality product.

As for the Alurack, looks good with no case on it, was an easy install, and is built well. I'm thinking that it's no wonder Caribou recommends the Hepco & Becker side racks and locking system above all others for mounting their Pelican Cases-derived products.

Highly recommended! And Moto Machines service was top-notch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend the Hepco & Becker JUNIOR 55 top case (on Aluarack) as a part of a premium heavy duty luggage system -- it really is built tough! I'm thinking when I need ADV quality that I'll add either Hepco Becker JUNIOR 30 or 40 panniers with their removable side racks, or Caribou/Pelican on those same racks. Here's what the JUNIOR 55 looks like on the NC:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29616458041/in/album-72157671403283132/

29616458041_9990fc725a_h.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29116926443/in/album-72157671403283132/

29116926443_53069a11a8_h.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29104493924/in/album-72157671403283132/

29104493924_8f444e6bd2_h.jpg

I'd recommend the Hepco & Becker JUNIOR 55 top case (on Aluarack) as a part of a premium heavy duty luggage system -- it really is built tough! I'm thinking when I need ADV quality that I'll add either Hepco Becker JUNIOR 30 or 40 panniers with their removable side racks, or Caribou/Pelican on those same racks...

Are the Hepco Becker removable side racks compatible with the Alu-Rack?

I like the setup but still think I'd want a smaller top case for everyday use.

Are the Hepco Becker removable side racks compatible with the Alu-Rack?
Yep. Or C-Bow system for that matter. I considered this issue because the guy at Caribou (who uses Pelican Cases for hardened ADV/offroad systems) told me the H & B mounting system was the best for taking an adventure beating and in spite of that removed easily. If I come to need panniers it'll be Caribou/Pelican if I really decide to take it all the way into the off-road ADV direction, or H & B.

I like the setup but still think I'd want a smaller top case for everyday use.
I hear you. It does looks smaller in some photos than others due to perspective and focal length however... ; }

But honestly, one thing for all purposes that I never need disconnect except to take the Jr in a motel room or wash the bike or it -- that concept really works for me. Any day any time I can load that baby up with groceries or supplies or extra clothing changes and don't even feel it back there, whether riding fast through twisties, or doing in-town traffic, or when maneuvering into skinny places in parking lots or whatever (less than 22.5" wide). In fact I can't even see it in my mirrors unless I do some odd contortions.

I wondered about all this before I chose a top case, and in the end decided to risk the larger size so I'd have one thing that can do it all without being so visually obtrusive, and not have to ever swap cases around either. And it's worked out marvelously : }

Last edited by a moderator:
Back