• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hepco & Becker Skid Plate

MotoMachines

Reaction score
www.motomachines.com
The engine skid plate is designed to protect the underside of your motorcycle without compromising the design or functionality. All skid plates have their own carefully designed mounts that will ensure shocks are absorbed by the skid plate first. Made from 5mm thick aircraft grade aluminum. Has 3 mounting brackets and points. If the skid plate is hit hard, the stress will immediately transfer to the brackets versus the engine.

Please note that this skid plate will not fit the DCT models.

Skid Plate - Honda NC700X

810973_1.jpg

WyBCDoT.jpg

Looks good to me. I've been vacilating between the Hepco & Becker and the SW-Motech. Since I believe the HB is made in Germany and the Motech in China (as the last several items I bought from them were), I'll probably get the HB. Any comments?

Looks good to me. I've been vacilating between the Hepco & Becker and the SW-Motech. Since I believe the HB is made in Germany and the Motech in China (as the last several items I bought from them were), I'll probably get the HB. Any comments?

I can't really comment on the SW-Motech parts, as I'm not as familiar with them as I am the Hepco & Becker parts.

What I can tell you about the Hepco & Becker Skid Plate, in addition to the information stated above, is that each plate is specifically tailored for each model, and made by hand, as opposed to by machine on an assembly line. This ensures a certain quality control aspect on each plate, rather than having just a few tested off the line.

We have this same skid plate on our NC here, and could provide you with additional pictures if you'd like!

So Motomachines............. Do you carry one that will work on a DCT model?

You know, let me check directly with Hepco & Becker, as they do state that this plate will work on the NC700X/NC700S/NC750X/NC750S/DCT models. Last I had heard it was not compatible with the DCT models, though they may have updated that.

I'll let you know when I hear back!

It looks like unfortunately that this skid plate is the only part Hepco & Becker makes that does not fit on the DCT model.

Opportunity missed then.ah well.

The DCT engine is a couple inches wider, so I'm thinking some of the mounting hole locations are in a slightly different orientation, or some of the valve body sticky outy bits require an addition bulge or two, making it more labour work and fab time. Probably the manufacturing companies are hedging their bets on jig cost versus amount of people with DCT's who will be likely to aim their NCX's off road.

The DCT engine is a couple inches wider, so I'm thinking some of the mounting hole locations are in a slightly different orientation, or some of the valve body sticky outy bits require an addition bulge or two, making it more labour work and fab time. Probably the manufacturing companies are hedging their bets on jig cost versus amount of people with DCT's who will be likely to aim their NCX's off road.

Makes sense!

A little disappointed, your website never mentioned not it stock. Hoping your 2=3 weeks is true, and not just a line to keep me from canceling. Was hoping to get it painted this weekend, and install next so it would be ready and installed for riding season, which is coming quickly.

Phil, misinformation or lack of information about product fitment seems to be a common problem with many aftermarket accessory manufacturers and vendors. Thanks for sharing your experience with your H&B skid plate.

Thank you for the post, visual of the product shows clearance with the clutch filter access. I was not sure I would order, but your post convinced me it will fit the dct. Now I will order.

Resurrecting an old thread - I have the Hepco & Becker skid plate on my 2019 NC750X DCT ABS and it fits perfectly. I don't know why H&B continues to say their skid plate doesn't work on DCT models.
@Phil Howell, could you please post a picture of your bike with the skid plate showing the DCT filter area?

Back