• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hey Y'all! 7th NC in SC!

WHYnoWAGONS?

Reaction score
Visit site
Just brought my new 2012 silver NC700X home last weekend and just crossed the 300 mile mark yesterday. In love so far...traded in a 1999 1100 Shadow at a dealer about 1.5 hours away...the ride home was so much better than the ride there. Super smooth at speed and the seating position gives so much more confidence on the interstate.

First new machine of any kind, so did my very best to vary the speed across two 100+ mile trips (between 65-85 mph in 4-6 gears) to try to give it the best break-in considering the highway circumstances.

My initial thought: Man I could do without one of these gears (either 3rd or 4th). Seems the engine has plenty of torque for such a close spread of ratios. I feel like I am shifting constantly...good news is the shifts are ultra-fast and ultra-crisp...very satisfying. :D

One question after 300 miles: I have what I think is gearbox whine in top gear at 50-55mph. Not the pulsing that I see is very prevalent (feels actually very smooth) but the whine is very noticeable. Is this normal?

Cheers from a very happy new owner in Lake Wylie, SC!!

just brought my new 2012 silver nc700x home last weekend and just crossed the 300 mile mark yesterday. In love so far...traded in a 1999 1100 shadow at a dealer about 1.5 hours away...the ride home was so much better than the ride there. Super smooth at speed and the seating position gives so much more confidence on the interstate.

First new machine of any kind, so did my very best to vary the speed across two 100+ mile trips (between 65-85 mph in 4-6 gears) to try to give it the best break-in considering the highway circumstances.

My initial thought: Man i could do without one of these gears (either 3rd or 4th). Seems the engine has plenty of torque for such a close spread of ratios. I feel like i am shifting constantly...good news is the shifts are ultra-fast and ultra-crisp...very satisfying. :d

one question after 300 miles: I have what i think is gearbox whine in top gear at 50-55mph. Not the pulsing that i see is very prevalent (feels actually very smooth) but the whine is very noticeable. Is this normal?

Cheers from a very happy new owner in lake wylie, sc!!

6.jpg

howdy from texas!

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hey there, WnW! Happy to have to aboard ;)

All manner or weird and wonderful noises will be provoking your interest and speculation from now on. Some will fade into oblivion, others will become constant companions and evetually let you know when things are slightly off, others may keep you up at night, heehee.

Welcome from Oregon. Since the NC is the only bike I've owned (ridden) in 38 years I just figure all the noises are normal. After a year and a half of riding it just keeps rolling along.

Back