• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hi from South Africa!

Congratulations on scoring a double!

I'm honored to be the first lady on this Forum, AND have the bike!!
Come on, girls, let's go!
PS: check this out: One Woman's Journey to becoming a Motorcycle Rider Full Version - YouTube

It's not a Honda 700, she's great.

Hello from the USA, Tanserf. Nice finding you on the forum. Thanks for posting TheHappyThought. It was very encouraging to watch Heather. Sure its no Honda, but at the end of the day, we're all bikers. I am BikrChick#2 waiting on my 700. How are you enjoying your ride?

Last edited:
I just love that we've got some ladies on this forum! I love it!! Just goes to show that motorcycling isn't just for guys who want to go 200mph on their turbo Busa's anymore. I can't wait to hear how you ladies are liking your "X"s...... the motorcycles of course.

Hi SUMORYDR, I took delivery of my NC700 and I'm finding it very easy to put off doing chores (like mowing the yard) because its so nice out that I have to go ride! I'll see about posting some pics of the machine soon. I've got some mods in mind for flashing tail lights, and side bags. I was contemplating a center stand, but I see that the bike doesn't tilt too much, so I will leave that alone for now.

I miss Tania...
Hi supermek! I'm still here, not riding as much as I can, I am still battling a bit with putting both my feet down. My hubby swapped out his Triumph links with mine, and it's a lot better for me. His bike is a bit higher with the original Honda links. And with small hands, I also got shorty levers which we installed yesterday. Haven't ridden with them yet, but reach is much improved. I'm still waiting for my screen to arrive, hopefully this week.
Once the screen is on, I'll do a 'show and te;;' for you!
enjoy riding!

There you are! :)
Perfect! Then everything is in it's order!
New screen, new uploads coming, it's showtime.
But do ride more! With new levers I hope you can solve the issue to get your feets on the ground?

But do ride more! With new levers I hope you can solve the issue to get your feets on the ground?

Hi Tania and Chris

Erm..how do shorty levers help put both feet on the ground? I am keen to use them if they do that ... :p

Last edited:
Hi supermek! I'm still here, not riding as much as I can, I am still battling a bit with putting both my feet down. My hubby swapped out his Triumph links with mine, and it's a lot better for me. His bike is a bit higher with the original Honda links. And with small hands, I also got shorty levers which we installed yesterday. Haven't ridden with them yet, but reach is much improved. I'm still waiting for my screen to arrive, hopefully this week.
Once the screen is on, I'll do a 'show and te;;' for you!
enjoy riding!

You swapped the Triumph links with the Honda ones.
Is that "safe"? Sorry but I just wanted to ask.
:D

Hi SM and Happy man!
Just to clarify, the 'reach' refers to hands and levers, in this case. After reading it again, it does sound like Happy says, but no, I don't intend to reach the ground with shorter levers. AFA the links are concerned, we did do careful measurements of the links, much of a muchness, both bikes being of similar weight, if should be fine. The Tiger is actually a wee bit lighter. I need to shorten the side stand as well, stands too up straight. Any ideas? Just not an adjustable one...

Hi SM and Happy man!
Just to clarify, the 'reach' refers to hands and levers, in this case. After reading it again, it does sound like Happy says, but no, I don't intend to reach the ground with shorter levers. AFA the links are concerned, we did do careful measurements of the links, much of a muchness, both bikes being of similar weight, if should be fine. The Tiger is actually a wee bit lighter. I need to shorten the side stand as well, stands too up straight. Any ideas? Just not an adjustable one...

Hi Tania

I was just pulling your legs. I think Christian meant the links made you touch both feet on the ground and not the shorty gear/brake levers.
Anyway, to solve your side stand problem, I propose to bring it to a welder's shop and cut off 1 inch and weld shut the hole, or heat and bend the angle more (there seems to be a bend in the length of the sidestand, isn't it?).
Another way is to buy the mainstand... (do you have this?)
:D

Thanks I could do with some laughter today as My Crossrunner was all packed ready for a weeks touring holiday in N.Ireland (In the fact the ferry that I was booked on should have docked about 15 minutes ago) but I had to cancel at the last moment due to personal reasons

Back