• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hide a can of Fix-A-Flat on the NC ???

showkey

Super Mods
Reaction score
Visit site
Answer: Right side under the cowl cover next to the Frunk (multiple zip ties to hold it in place) Same place as others are installing horns.

IMG_2114.JPG

PS HOPE to never ever need to use it.....and if do use it, hope to be sharing it with the other guy on the road or trail :)

Last edited:
Had a can of fix-a-flat in the tail bag on my CBR last summer. Exploded one day (it gets hot here). Destroyed the tail bag and the bike cover, and some of the green goo I never could get off the seat. Suit yourself, but I'll not be keeping a can of compressed air anywhere near a bike for as long as I live here, and maybe forever.

I'm not a fan of fixaflat. I guess if I didn't carry a plug kit and a air compressor, I would use it in an emergency.

MZ5, you brought it up before I could and that's the first thing I thought of. It might get quite hot in there with the engine running in slow traffic. A blowout in the nads wouldn't be fun. Might be interesting for a few seconds, but not fun.

Why don't you put it into the frunk? Last year I carried one in a tank bag, which was tied onto passanger seat and had no problem at all.

Why don't you put it into the frunk? Last year I carried one in a tank bag, which was tied onto passanger seat and had no problem at all.

It is something I will not be using, do not want to be moving it around and always being in the way. See other comments.........the can should not in contact with other items in the storage area.

Last edited:
Had a can of fix-a-flat in the tail bag on my CBR last summer. Exploded one day (it gets hot here). Destroyed the tail bag and the bike cover, and some of the green goo I never could get off the seat. Suit yourself, but I'll not be keeping a can of compressed air anywhere near a bike for as long as I live here, and maybe forever.

Good point.........I may reconsider the location due to heat>>>>>>>>>

I have heard and seen the problem of the can ruptured.........the two I have seen ruptured had damage from rolling around in the bag hitting other objects.........causing a hole to be knocked or worn in the side of the can. When I had on in the tail bag I wrapped it in a towel held with zip ties to avoid the wear and tear on the can.

To think myth busters did the exploding soda can etc in the hot car as well.

Edit: May also reconsider and just carry bottle slime (non pressure version) in this location out of the way for emergency.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of fixaflat. I guess if I didn't carry a plug kit and a air compressor, I would use it in an emergency.

I do carry a compressor and plug kit as well.....belt and suspenders thing. I may reconsider carrying both and the fix a flat is redundant.

The system I would not use or bother to carry is the CO2 cartridges because they one shot deal and if you more air than available in the cartridges your are out of luck.........years of fixing bicycle tires on the side of the road miles from home.

Last edited:
Back