• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

High mileage Street Triple

Birdman

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to tap into the collective intelligence on this site...

I'm out west for a few months each winter and looking to pick up another bike without spending too much cash. I found a nicely modded 2009 STR3 with...wait for it....wait...79,000 miles.

So I'm going to ask the always (it depends!) difficult question....too many miles? Or are these ok given proper care?

Talk amongst yourselves- and please share.

I don't know but my neighbor, who runs Stu's Triumph and Indian here in town, knows everything Triumph will. I'll ask. If you have the listing could you post it here?

He's buying the new Street Triple RS as an aside. Another aside, if you are ever in SW Florida, Stu's allows test rides on the Zeros and many others.

Moved to non-NC forum section.

Looking to tap into the collective intelligence on this site...

I'm out west for a few months each winter and looking to pick up another bike without spending too much cash. I found a nicely modded 2009 STR3 with...wait for it....wait...79,000 miles.

So I'm going to ask the always (it depends!) difficult question....too many miles? Or are these ok given proper care?

Talk amongst yourselves- and please share.
My only close and personal experience with a triumph was with a 955i sprint ST, and that had 25,000 miles on it. It was a 2003 model.

Basically the mileage was nothing for that sort of bike, but the age was a killer. I'm talking rotted rubber, brittle hoses, brittle plastics, no parts support, no model-specific electronic doodads for setting the CO mixtures, and so on ad nauseum. This particular bike was crippled by a perished IACV hose, which took about 6 weeks for the dealer to get their hands on a NOS item which was the last one available from triumph.

Very nice bikes to ride, but I would not spend my hard earned on a bike with such plastic designs. They're not really used-bike-second-hand-shade-tree-mechanic friendly. More toys that are designed to be fast and satisfying for the reviewers/new bike test riders.

Reactions: MZ5
Back