• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highest Mileage (not mpg)

14k Miles i'm the Second owner, it's a 2016 with a DCT definitely original chain and sprockets and they desperately need to be changed.

14k Miles i'm the Second owner, it's a 2016 with a DCT definitely original chain and sprockets and they desperately need to be changed.
Are they made of junk metal? Lot of dirty offroad riding? Teeth rounded off bad?

I had an 07 ZX10R I bought new, owned for little over 3 yrs before totalling it. It had around 19,700 miles and about 10 hard ridden trackdays on it, still on original chain and sprockets when I wrecked it March 2010.

I know it had wider pitch chain and sprockets but it also put 3 times the power to the ground as compared to an NC, so power to chain pitch in terms of wear should be similar. Without external factors like dirty offroad elements affecting it, I would have figured NC chain and sprockets lasting well over 20-25k miles, especially for no more power than it has.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Are they made of junk metal? Lot of dirty offroad riding? Teeth rounded off bad?

I had an 07 ZX10R I bought new, owned for little over 3 yrs before totalling it. It had around 19,700 miles and about 10 hard ridden trackdays on it, still on original chain and sprockets when I wrecked it March 2010.

I know it had wider pitch chain and sprockets but it also put 3 times the power to the ground as compared to an NC, so power to chain pitch in terms of wear should be similar. Without external factors like dirty offroad elements affecting it, I would have figured NC chain and sprockets lasting well over 20-25k miles, especially for no more power than it has.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The stock chain wasn't very good, the stock sprockets aren't anything special but there aren't many legitimate complaints about them either

The stock chain wasn't very good, the stock sprockets aren't anything special but there aren't many legitimate complaints about them either

Stock chain on NC700 is a 520 chain and sprockets. All 520 chains are good for about 12,000 miles. Put on a chain oiler and that mileage will increase to about 18,000 miles, although I believe Fuzzy got a little more than that. Put on a 525 chain and sprockets the mileage will be around 25,000 miles.

I put 114,000 miles on Nana Chou before I sold her. However, she is still running strong with the new owner, Wild Bill. However, one of her saddle bags is now bungee cord together. The old gal does pop that girder from time to time. Bill is to cheap to ever purchase a little PC7 to fix the old gal. I have lunch with Bill every Wednesday, and Nana Chou is doing better than Bill, as he now has cancer...

Stock chain on NC700 is a 520 chain and sprockets. All 520 chains are good for about 12,000 miles. Put on a chain oiler and that mileage will increase to about 18,000 miles, although I believe Fuzzy got a little more than that. Put on a 525 chain and sprockets the mileage will be around 25,000 miles.

I put 114,000 miles on Nana Chou before I sold her. However, she is still running strong with the new owner, Wild Bill. However, one of her saddle bags is now bungee cord together. The old gal does pop that girder from time to time. Bill is to cheap to ever purchase a little PC7 to fix the old gal. I have lunch with Bill every Wednesday, and Nana Chou is doing better than Bill, as he now has cancer...

By all accounts that sounds about right. I got 14,000 out my stock chain. However, when I put the new sprockets up against the originals, I couldn’t see any wear whatsoever. Left the O.E. On and kept the new ones for the next go.

Sorry to hear about your friend, OCR.

Sorry to hear Bill has cancer, I hope he wins that battle, I'm glad to hear your back up and riding again as well

124,000 +

starting to worry that the drive sprocket mount is wearing out... not sure what it would cost to replace it, but other than a clutch at 80K, I've had NO major repair.
Great bike!

124,000 +

starting to worry that the drive sprocket mount is wearing out... not sure what it would cost to replace it, but other than a clutch at 80K, I've had NO major repair.
Great bike!

That is awesome. Did you have clutch(es) replaced at dealer? If so, what kinda price was put on that job parts and all?

That is awesome. Did you have clutch(es) replaced at dealer? If so, what kinda price was put on that job parts and all?

The clutch was an emergency repair , soo.... it was $400 at the Harley Dealer, (only dealer I could find), and it's made a "funny" noise when you coast in gear ever since.

I hope to replace it again next month.
It's not worn out but I'd like that noise to go away.

I was out camping near Santa Maria, CA and burned up the clutch coaxing it, fully loaded, up steep, sandy, hills.

Last edited:
124,000 +

Great bike!

What’s wrong with the sprocket mount? It’s just a shaft with splines, right?

JT

What’s wrong with the sprocket mount? It’s just a shaft with splines, right?

JT

seems like it should slide on snugly... but it doesn't.

it seems to have more gaps between splines after 124K miles, but I am NO kind of mechanic. Plan to ask mine to inspect it.

Seems like it would be an expensive thing to replace.

Last edited:
about 8400 miles on mine, still going strong and need to bring it in for some inspections soon. Haven't changed out my brake pads yet, should probably do that soon. *looks back at manual* I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary for the bike.

Back