• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway Pegs on new GIVI bars

Therapy

Reaction score
Visit site
So, A son and I put on the GIVI bars with little difficulty thanks to all the great people here.
https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/414-givi-engine-bars.html

Now for some highway pegs so I can get a little break to my legs now and again.

My first purchase was great, I thought, as the clamp design makes it able to be adjusted in two planes. I torqued the bolt pretty dang tight but it still slipped/rotated on the round pipe.

I will qualify my "pretty dang tight" - I know I am not a torque wrench but I started at 10yo wrenching all my transportation. I have many years experience stripping nuts, bolts and screws.

These bolts had 8-8 on the heads and my research says they can go to 40ftlbs. I am sure I exceeded that as I kept trying to stop rotation before I quit.

I was above the forward, lower bend on "virgin" pipe.

Does anybody have a recommended folding foot peg to suggest I get.

Here is what I got because of the dual angle ability and low profile.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XILLW5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51vKs83F7KL._SL1000_.jpg

I installed the same type highway pegs as you have on to Givi bars. I tightened the clamps as much as I dared, and still experienced occasional slipping. So I then installed a “set screw” once I was happy with final positioning. This involved drilling both the clamp and the bar, drilling the clamp hole slightly larger for the screw’s outer diameter, and tapping threads into the Givi bar. The pegs haven’t move since. The screw would have to fall out or shear off before the peg clamp would rotate. I wouldn’t stand on them, but as foot rests they’ll be fine.

I wanted to stay with these particular pegs because they are not bulky, fold up out of the way, and weigh very little. I don’t use highway pegs very often.

image.jpg

Last edited:
The set screw is def the cheapest, most simple option that works. I think that is what I'd do in your case. Think about it, once you mount them, you likely won't ever remove them or mess with them again. And if you take them off, a small hole isn't that big a deal. It would be better if you could figure out a way to orient the clamp where you could drill from the bottom, that way no risk of water getting in and rusting bars from inside out, especially if you ever removed the pegs. But if not, its not a big deal either way. It would take a lot of water and time for rust to become an issue. And you could always seal it with something too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back