• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway Pegs

Inroads

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought some 1 1/4” frame clamps to bolt on some hiway pegs but the

Frame tubes are closer to 1 1/2”....would like to find a way w/out having to buy engine crashbars

Anyone mount pegs w/out skidplates and engine guards ? Thanks.

Same here. Kuryakin(?) is top of the line stuff. A bit expensive but worth it I think. These would take a lot of the abuse in a slide.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I just acquired a similar set, but the frame mounts are too small and wont fit mt NC. So, i have to buy/fab a set of frame tube clamps as they want $52.00 plus S+H for a 1.35" set!! Uuaarrgh! :{

I saw a CXT700 pictured for sale the other day and it looks like their pegs are in the right place to start with! :{)

Give one a ride some time. The controls are slightly forward - significantly forward compared to the NC - and while the seat is comfortable, that forward peg position becomes an issue after awhile as all of your weight is on your tailbone. After you take a pothole or two and a set of railroad tracks that you can’t lift your butt off of because your feet are too far forward, you’ll likely have a different opinion on how well that bike sits. At least that was my own experience on one. The NC just needs a second set out front to stretch the legs on once in awhile.

^^^^ also those forward mounted pegs won’t allow you to stand on your pegs easily.

That is huge for maintaining time in the saddle for me.

I saw a CXT700 pictured for sale the other day and it looks like their pegs are in the right place to start with! :{)

I get a sore back just from looking at forward mounted pegs. And my back’s in really good shape.

If you like forward pegs, try riding an NM4.

F69CAA07-9E64-4541-BC96-46FC35D07F62.jpg

Last edited:
The kuryakyn 7933 has 1.35" clamps that don't fit a 2015 year frame. However, they do have a 1.5" kuryakyn 1001magnum clamp sold separately that does fit. They also have a 1.5" kit, kuryakyn 4574, but the pegs have a different shape.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Question for those of you who have the kuryakyn clamp on pegs; How easy are they to put on/take off? I'm intrigued by them for some planned future longish trips, but honestly have never been uncomfortable with the NC's pegs. Disclaimer though, the longest I've been in the saddle at a time so far has been about three hours. I do stand up occasionally. So I was wondering if I could leave them off, and just re-install/remove them for extended trips? My reasoning is I'm not sure I'll like how they'll look on the bike. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. Thanks.

Question for those of you who have the kuryakyn clamp on pegs; How easy are they to put on/take off? I'm intrigued by them for some planned future longish trips, but honestly have never been uncomfortable with the NC's pegs. Disclaimer though, the longest I've been in the saddle at a time so far has been about three hours. I do stand up occasionally. So I was wondering if I could leave them off, and just re-install/remove them for extended trips? My reasoning is I'm not sure I'll like how they'll look on the bike. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. Thanks.

19mm wrench and about three minutes.

I just took a pair of these off of my 2012. It took about 2 hours. 5 minutes taking off the highway pegs and 1hour and 55 minutes looking in the road, in my pockets, all through the house, and on my workbench for the allen wrench that I used. Still haven’t found the freakin’ thing.

I did that yesterday except it wasn't an allen key hmm what was it, I can't remember, but it was something, I just had it in my hand, I remember thinking I'll put it here so I don't lose it! God dam it! Oh yeah check your other jacket pocket.

Back