• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway Pegs

I just swapped out the 1.5" clamps with the 1.35" clamps that came with the kuryakyn 7933 kit but used two spacers instead of one. The 1.5" were too exact and did not get tight enough on the frame to keep from spinning when weight was applied. The 1.35" seems to be holding better even if they are a bit small. The washers helped prevent over tightening that would damage the clamps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Skid plate hiway pegs

This what I did for hiway pegs.Safety wired it to frame to lessen the flex.

Attachments

• DB6498A1-F1F2-4FE0-9B85-E9BB58485BC7.jpg
    DB6498A1-F1F2-4FE0-9B85-E9BB58485BC7.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 343
I just took a pair of these off of my 2012. It took about 2 hours. 5 minutes taking off the highway pegs and 1hour and 55 minutes looking in the road, in my pockets, all through the house, and on my workbench for the allen wrench that I used. Still haven’t found the freakin’ thing.

Thanks Moose-took me about 10 minutes total to put them on the bike...

Give one a ride some time. The controls are slightly forward - significantly forward compared to the NC - and while the seat is comfortable, that forward peg position becomes an issue after awhile as all of your weight is on your tailbone. After you take a pothole or two and a set of railroad tracks that you can’t lift your butt off of because your feet are too far forward, you’ll likely have a different opinion on how well that bike sits. At least that was my own experience on one. The NC just needs a second set out front to stretch the legs on once in awhile.

That's precisely the reason that I only considered the CTX for a few days when I was trying to decide on which bike. Maybe one day I'll get another cruiser style bike but it will be something much more comfortable than that CTX, something that already has good, soft suspension and a wide comfy seat. Unfortunately, I don't think that Honda has what I would want right now.

That's precisely the reason that I only considered the CTX for a few days when I was trying to decide on which bike. Maybe one day I'll get another cruiser style bike but it will be something much more comfortable than that CTX, something that already has good, soft suspension and a wide comfy seat. Unfortunately, I don't think that Honda has what I would want right now.

Bump.

Don't buy a Harley! Just got rid of a Street Glide and it had the worst rear suspension I've ever felt on a bike. Back to metrics. Lol. On the flip side, I dig my 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600 for a comfortable long ride factory bagger! Adjustable rear shocks, large windshield, big comfy seats for driver and passenger, full floorboards with plenty legroom for a tall driver, plenty storage in factory hard bags. Can pick one up 05-08 model like mine for around $4-5k.

Was directed to this thread. I just ordered a set of the Kury 1.35" mount highway pegs for the '13 NC I am picking up in the morning. Will throw up some pics once they come in and I get them mounted.

Last edited:
I just swapped out the 1.5" clamps with the 1.35" clamps that came with the kuryakyn 7933 kit but used two spacers instead of one. The 1.5" were too exact and did not get tight enough on the frame to keep from spinning when weight was applied. The 1.35" seems to be holding better even if they are a bit small. The washers helped prevent over tightening that would damage the clamps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I worked at making the clamp on highway pegs work for years but mine kept moving around also. I finally just drilled a hole through them and now they stay put. I was mounting them on aftermarket engine guards which were powder coated and even more slippery.

I worked at making the clamp on highway pegs work for years but mine kept moving around also. I finally just drilled a hole through them and now they stay put. I was mounting them on aftermarket engine guards which were powder coated and even more slippery.
What size tubing on the engine guards?

We hashed this out in my welcome newbie thread. If you had guards like the SW Motechs, they are supposedly 25 mm diameter tubing. Well 1" = 25.4mm, so a standard 1" clevis like Kuryakyn sells will not tighten down correctly because it is 0.4mm bigger in diameter than the 25mm tubing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What size tubing on the engine guards?

We hashed this out in my welcome newbie thread. If you had guards like the SW Motechs, they are supposedly 25 mm diameter tubing. Well 1" = 25.4mm, so a standard 1" clevis like Kuryakyn sells will not tighten down correctly because it is 0.4mm bigger in diameter than the 25mm tubing.

Pretty sure I have the Givi engine guards, and I think they are the same diameter as SW Motech. I ordered several pairs of smaller brackets from both Kuryakyn and some off of Ebay. they'd tighten down but after an hour or so of riding they'd start moving around. I even tried putting a piece of rubber from a bike inner tube between the bracket and the guards... didn't work either. I tightened them more and more trying to get them to stay put... I'd ride a bit when they moved I'd give them another half turn to tighten... eventually the brackets broke.
I think that powder coating on the Givi guards is super slick. It looks great... but does not work for mounting highway pegs to.
I really like having the highway pegs... they feel great on long rides! I once lost a highway peg on a trip and would hook my boot on the bracket on that side so I could still stretch out that leg and get relief.

I'd been researching both and it looked like SW Motech only had a distributor stateside, but Givi looked like they opened up shop with the Givi USA brand so I figured the Givi parts sold in the US was American made.

That's what I get for ASSuming. :D

Back