• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout - AR

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
After discussing with Bammamate and OldJeff the need for more NC events, I've decided to go ahead and host one here in Arkansas.

The where is here: The Hub--Mid America's Motorcycle Resort 800-597-9963

This place can't be beat for those who like to camp and those that only stay in motels as it features plenty of both. It also has a restaurant on site with some pretty good grub. I have been hosting an ST-Owners event for the past few years at this place and always have 40-50 folks show up from all over the country. The owners are riders and they understand those things that we need in order to be happy when we travel. Also, this place is soooooooo laid back and the roads around are some of the best in the country. I promise you will enjoy your stay there.

The when: April 18-20, 2014

I'm leaning toward mid April. I don't want to have it too late or it will interfere with the TN gathering at Fontana Dam. I think these things need to be taken into consideration as we have more events around the country (hopefully) in the future and we don't want to be stepping on each others toes.

The weather????? It's Arkansas. I figure that there is a better than average chance that it will rain sometime in April. We're also susceptible to tornadoes and heavy thunderstorms in April or it could still be pretty nippy....it did snow in Arkansas last Mother's Day but that was unusual.

If I wait until June or later its simply too hot to camp comfortably. I host my other event in September and I really don't want to combine them since there are already almost too many people that come to that event for me to visit with everyone. October is a really nice month here in the Ozarks but I'm usually quite busy that month with family obligations but I might could make it work. Soooooooo, I'm still leaning toward April but if it is a washout we might try again for October.

I will post the date after I look at my calendar and talk to the folks at The Hub. But, right now plan for a mid-April gathering in the Ozarks with a bunch (I hope) of NC riders.
Mike

Last edited:
Love the name! :D I'm in, I only need a week or so notice to schedule vacation at work and a kitchen pass from the wife to stay out over nite ( A Tall order right there!) Thanks!

I'd be interested. I need to put on some miles so I can get my service on the NC done before I head out West this Summer. April will hopefully be good enough weather.

I would be interested in attending if the dates work out. I am also planning a trip to the Texas Hill Country and Big Bend NP in April sometime. I have a good friend who has property just south of there on Highway 7 near Jasper, so I visit that area quite often. Beautiful country in that part of the state.

If you want to camp in Arkansas in hot part of summer try Mt Nebo. Did so on my MP3 a few years ago and it is high enough to be cool and has a steady breeze.

You have me wondering if I could swing an Arkansas trip in April, but work is looking pretty busy that month.

If you want to camp in Arkansas in hot part of summer try Mt Nebo. Did so on my MP3 a few years ago and it is high enough to be cool and has a steady breeze.

You have me wondering if I could swing an Arkansas trip in April, but work is looking pretty busy that month.

I live 10 minutes from Nebo and ride up there some to cool off. In the summer it's about 8-10 degrees cooler on top which sounds great unless it's 108 degrees in the valley :cool:

I realize that choosing a time will not suit everyone.....ya just gotta pick a time and go. I'd like to have it early enough to avoid the heat and late enough so those from the frozen tundra can get out of their driveways (by frozen tundra I mean those in Missouri or farther north......at least this year).
Mike

Not suggesting to change the date, just offering one relatively cool camping spot for those in the area in the summer.. Spent 6 years in Hot Springs an hour south. Experienced an August with 25 days above 100F. My favorite ever church sign was in Dierks, AR and said:

"Hell is hotter than Dierks in July."

Must be really really hot down there. ;)

After discussing with Bammamate and OldJeff the need for more NC events, I've decided to go ahead and host one here in Arkansas.

The where is here: The Hub--Mid America's Motorcycle Resort 800-597-9963

This place can't be beat for those who like to camp and those that only stay in motels as it features plenty of both. It also has a restaurant on site with some pretty good grub. I have been hosting an ST-Owners event for the past few years at this place and always have 40-50 folks show up from all over the country. The owners are riders and they understand those things that we need in order to be happy when we travel. Also, this place is soooooooo laid back and the roads around are some of the best in the country. I promise you will enjoy your stay there.

The when: April 18-20, 2014

I'm leaning toward mid April. I don't want to have it too late or it will interfere with the TN gathering at Fontana Dam. I think these things need to be taken into consideration as we have more events around the country (hopefully) in the future and we don't want to be stepping on each others toes.

The weather????? It's Arkansas. I figure that there is a better than average chance that it will rain sometime in April. We're also susceptible to tornadoes and heavy thunderstorms in April or it could still be pretty nippy....it did snow in Arkansas last Mother's Day but that was unusual.

If I wait until June or later its simply too hot to camp comfortably. I host my other event in September and I really don't want to combine them since there are already almost too many people that come to that event for me to visit with everyone. October is a really nice month here in the Ozarks but I'm usually quite busy that month with family obligations but I might could make it work. Soooooooo, I'm still leaning toward April but if it is a washout we might try again for October.

I will post the date after I look at my calendar and talk to the folks at The Hub. But, right now plan for a mid-April gathering in the Ozarks with a bunch (I hope) of NC riders.
Mike

9.jpgAll I need is any excuse to ride. So, I'm in with both feet.

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I've updated the date. We will go with April 18-20. If you want to arrive early and stay late please do so.

Campers: Just ride down onto the grass on the back side of the motel and pitch your tent, go to the office and find Randal or Debbie and pay. There is a room in the motel that is set up as a shower room for the campers you can use. Camping is $10/night.

Motellers: Call the phone number above to make reservations. I think motel rooms are around $55/night. Ask for a bottom floor room in back and you will be able to park your bike right in front of your room and be close to the action. If you do this you will have to drive around the building through the grass.

The owners are super laid back people and are always excited to have Honda riders around because we are known for being friendly, tidy and generally quiet.

Roads: There is not a straight road anywhere around The Hub so just pick a direction and go. You won't be disappointed.

RTE: We might ride over to Buffalo Point on the Buffalo River and eat. I will not post anything formally just yet to see how many will be at the event.

Hope to see many NC riders at this event. I will probably make this an annual event so if you can't come this year you can pencil it in for about the same time next year.
Mike

Is this still a go?

If I come, I will be staying in the motel as I just don't sleep well when camping. I'd like to get some idea of the possible activities so I know what days to reserve.

I've updated the date. We will go with April 18-20. If you want to arrive early and stay late please do so.

Campers: Just ride down onto the grass on the back side of the motel and pitch your tent, go to the office and find Randal or Debbie and pay. There is a room in the motel that is set up as a shower room for the campers you can use. Camping is $10/night.

Motellers: Call the phone number above to make reservations. I think motel rooms are around $55/night. Ask for a bottom floor room in back and you will be able to park your bike right in front of your room and be close to the action. If you do this you will have to drive around the building through the grass.

The owners are super laid back people and are always excited to have Honda riders around because we are known for being friendly, tidy and generally quiet.

Roads: There is not a straight road anywhere around The Hub so just pick a direction and go. You won't be disappointed.

RTE: We might ride over to Buffalo Point on the Buffalo River and eat. I will not post anything formally just yet to see how many will be at the event.

Hope to see many NC riders at this event. I will probably make this an annual event so if you can't come this year you can pencil it in for about the same time next year.
Mike

Like Garydj I will be on the Ar-Kansas ride. I need to know where to be exactly for camping out and what time and date to be there in April. This looks like pure fun!!

SmileyArkansas.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
You camp at The Hub. Just pitch your tent in the back yard of the motel. I will be there on the 18th and will be camping. We will make plans after everyone shows up. I don't like making plans in advance and dislike organization in general. We will go where the wind takes us and have fun following it.
Mike

Now this sounds like my kind of trip. Only one problem - where in Arkansas is the Hub. Also, any time we need to be at the Hub on the 18th. I love riding in
Arkansas, just pure fun!

5.jpg

SmileyTwoThumbsWink.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
The motel is the rectangle building in the upper left of the picture. Just throw you tent anywhere behind the motel (toward top of picture) The office is in the NE corner of the motel......you can't miss it.

The turn off to the Hub is approx. 10 miles north of Jasper on Hwy 7. The turn off is on the east side of Hwy 7 directly south of the Mystic Cavern turn off that is on the west side of the road (in other words, if you go to Mystic Cavern, you've gone too far......if coming from the south). It has a small sign on Hwy 7. Just drive up the hill and everything will be on the right. Easy to find, great people.
Mike

Back