• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout - AR

Thanks for the well wishes. It turns out it was probably food poisoning, so just a 12 hour ordeal. I've already given up my reservation and have another commitment for Friday. You all ride safe and enjoy!

I am at the Hub. Went though Dallas to give a friend a hand with a bike had some high dollar accessories. Spent last night in Oklahoma at Lake Eufaula State Park. I hit a turkey going into the park. Just knocked him down, he got up, gave me the bird, and kept right on a truckin. Got woke up by geese yelling. Sure a lot of bird of a feather in that park.

Being I was coming up I40, I rode the pig trail going to the Hub. The south part is unbelievable, but the north part is just OK.

Are we staying Friday and Saturday night at the Hub? How many folks will be here?

I will ride back south 7 with Bug Dr. on the way home.

If anyone travels through Little Rock on the way home or even close by and you plan to stop you should let me know. I'm not sure where everyone is coming from. I move into my new house next week so I'll be packing a majority of the weekend but can break away for a bit.

I am at the Hub. Went though Dallas to give a friend a hand with a bike had some high dollar accessories. Spent last night in Oklahoma at Lake Eufaula State Park. I hit a turkey going into the park. Just knocked him down, he got up, gave me the bird, and kept right on a truckin. Got woke up by geese yelling. Sure a lot of bird of a feather in that park.

Being I was coming up I40, I rode the pig trail going to the Hub. The south part is unbelievable, but the north part is just OK.

Are we staying Friday and Saturday night at the Hub? How many folks will be here?

I will ride back south 7 with Bug Dr. on the way home.
7 was good but seemed to have a bit of traffic but that road to the Yellville ferry .... Dover, Hector, Tilley, Marshall, Yellville, Peel. Now that's the road I remember from riding across the part of the planet.

Today is the day! :D I've got a few things to do this am, then I'll pack up and head north around 10am. I will be staying at the hub Friday and Saturday night and heading home Sunday afternoon. See you guys shortly!

If anyone travels through Little Rock on the way home or even close by and you plan to stop you should let me know. I'm not sure where everyone is coming from. I move into my new house next week so I'll be packing a majority of the weekend but can break away for a bit.

Congratz on getting the house finished! I know you and the family have to be stoked to finally move in.

Thanks to Bammamate, OCR, OldJeff and Enforcer (dropped by Friday) for being a part of the first Hillbilly Hangout. We had perfect weather for camping, riding and eating. We will do it again next year for sure.

I took a few pics and will post them up soon.

Thanks to all attendees.
Mike

That was a great weekend!! Thanks Bug Dr. for putting it together and leading us around.

On Friday Bug DR. and I met up and road some dirt to get to the hub.

Nice view

Not so sure about this view

Bug DR had a nice route planned for us to follow. Of course with the 2 of us that plan only last about an hour. We passed a sign that said water fall. Bug DR stopped and said I haven't been there in years. So off we went to see the falls and basically headed in a general north direction after that figuring we would run into pavement at some point.

This photo speaks for itself

OCR and OldJeff at the Arkansas Grand Canyon overlook

Hanging out with some other riders at Oark and having some pie

Low Gap for a late lunch/early dinner. As you can see we spent our time riding from place to place to eat

Two former Boy Scouts making a fire. I wanted to use gas to start it but they were insisting on rubbing sticks so I got out the experts way. Believe it or not we did have a good fire.

If I ran the video camera correctly this time I'll post some later.

Good weather, great food and great friends! A perfect weekend! OCR rode up from Texas while the rest of us had a much shorter trip to get to some of the best roads Arkansas has to offer. The Hub is a nice spot to setup home base.
HHcampers_zps93a1e436.jpg

OCR , BugDr and Bamamate setup camp along the treeline. I took a room downstairs with a king bed, it was simple, but clean and had a coffee pot, which was required if I was gonna actually get up and get going :D

Saturday dawned cool and clear, after breakfast we headed out for a ride, we stopped at a overlook to see if we could find OCR's fabled "Scenic Seven" sticker at the gift shop, no luck with the sticker, but the view was awesome.
bigview_zpsd73696ab.jpg

Headed south on 123 from Pelsor, we stopped just before the one lane bridge for a break. What the heck is Bamamate doing back there? :D
1lanebridge_zps63199d72.jpg

Another stop for a snack at Oark before we got on 215 which was a very nice road, altho 123 south is still my favorite.
OarkStore_zpsbc3895ca.jpg

All in all a awesome time and a time of firsts as well :) I dropped my NCX for the first time (you NEED to be in first gear when making a U turn, NOT neutral!) oops! no damage to the bike other than a bent shift lever, which was easily fixed. OCR was behind me with his GoPro running, hopefully he'll post that clip soon :D Should make for a good laugh or two.

I'd like to post a special thanks to Bamamate, I'd started this trip thinking I could get by on the rear Z8 at 7k miles, then put the bike in the shop for new tires and the 8k service after....I was wrong :) by the end of the day Saturday there was belt starting to show and no choice but to ride it home slow and easy Sunday. Bamamate shadowed me the whole way in case the tire went south. I found out after that he had his Drift on waiting to film the tire going out :D We finally rolled into Conway, Bamamate's hometown and loaded up my bike on his trailer for the final run into Little Rock because at 7600 miles this tire was done! Thanks man!
7600miles_zps90b8966c.jpg

By accident on the ride home while on AR7, I meet up with some old, old, old friends. After spending some time with these folks riding to the tallest mountain in Arkansas, I got home early this morning. I had planned to get home around 8:00 PM, but got home at 02:00 AM. A little 6 hour detour.

Last July marked 55 years of riding for me. Let me tell you folks that this Arkansas back rode ride put together by Dr. Bug was one of the best rides I have ever been on. An all the folks on this ride where the kind of folks you would be proud to invite to your home.

If you like twists and turns do not miss this ride, if Dr. Bug does it again next year. This real estate is up there with some of the best roads in the entire world. Dr. Bug does not want the world to know of his place, as it would bring bikers from all over the world. Folks let me tell you this is a world class ride, and the best kept secret in motorcycling.

Once I get a little more sleep, I will post some video.

It's always good to see everyone that shows up for an event that you've hosted. It's even better to hear that everyone made it home safely and had a good time at the event. We will do it again next year at about the same time.

You are all welcome to come back to The Hub in September (18th-21st) and hang out with a bunch of friendly folks on Hondas at ArkanSTOC. It's always a good time.
Mike

Headed south on 123 from Pelsor, we stopped just before the one lane bridge for a break. What the heck is Bamamate doing back there? :D
1lanebridge_zps63199d72.jpg

I was giving the people floating the river something to talk about.

Thank you and your wife for a wonderful dinner!! You are 1 lucky guy. Sorry I had to run out right after. I had to get ready for the work week.

Well, this is really a deep subject, as it happens on top of a mountain. I figured had best display this gut busting video first, before processing the good stuff. Don't hurt yourself laughing!

The Top of the Mountain Turn Around.

[video=youtube;rV5AbKKo-rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5AbKKo-rk[/video]

So that's how it happened. Everyone has a few of those kind of stories to tell. Luckily, only pride was damaged. Too bad that video is so clear :D Matt and I were waiting at the bottom of the hill and figured someone tipped over. Them thar hills can be tricky.
Mike

Back