• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout - AR

Well, this is really a deep subject, as it happens on top of a mountain. I figured had best display this gut busting video first, before processing the good stuff. Don't hurt yourself laughing!

The Top of the Mountain Turn Around.

[video=youtube;rV5AbKKo-rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5AbKKo-rk[/video]

BWHAHAHA!!!! Thanks OCR! I think,,,, :D

Actually I was laughing the whole time, esp. when I rolled on to my back with my feet in the air. I felt like a turtle :D To be honest, I had been off my game all morning and just wasn't in tune with the bike. That little drop took the pressure off and I rode a lot better afterwards.

As long as you can laugh about it now it's all good. I'm sure you weren't happy at the time. I've dropped mine three times. Number four is just around the corner. LOL

I am also a member of the "Have Club", but I ain't got enough toes and fingers to count how many times. The "Have Not's" will be joining us shortly.

Old Jeff's Lunch ride. Food, so you know I was there even though I was completely lost the whole time.

[video=youtube;LfxBUxNPU08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfxBUxNPU08[/video]

I am here at the Hub now. My ride down was sadly 4 lane highway for all but the last 7 miles on AR 7. I can't recommend the Hub for mid week stays. The restaurant doesn't open until Thursday so I will have to ride for any food I need.

Tomorrow I will see some of what the area roads have to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary, no one knows these back roads better than the Bug Dr, he lives near by. I would PM the Bug Dr for road numbers. A must see is the Oark Café in the middle of the mountains.

Last edited:
Better late than never they say! I am sorry to have missed the group as that is as much fun as the roads. OCR I will look for the Orak cafe for sure.
I think that must be Oark Cafe!

Last edited:
I set my Garmin for Oark and took off after breakfast. Unbeknownst to me the Garmin decided I wanted to go the back way in and I found myself on 6 miles of the worst gravel and dirt road I have ever seen. Have I told you how much I HATE gravel? Nevertheless I did not drop my NC but it was close several times!

After a lunch of a hamburger and fries I set of south through Clarksville and Russellville and back up 7 to the hub. In the process I got a good sampling of AR roads.

Here are a few pictures. Not sure why I didn't take more......guess I was too busy riding ;)

Falling Water Road
Falling%20Water%201-L.jpg

Falling Water Falls
Falling%20Water%203-L.jpg

Falling%20Water%204-L.jpg

Hwy 7 Overlook
Jasper%202-L.jpg

Jasper%201-L.jpg

Can't wait to do it again.
Mike

I used to tour Arkansas every spring from 2001-2006. Then I got hooked on the Rockies ever since. I'm due for a trip there. The last time in 06 it rained for 5 days straight but I didn't mine at all especially when it was 40 degrees warmer than MN. I still headed up Magazine Mountain in what turned out to be some very heavy fog. Great roads in Ark.
I'm trying to remember a campground where you would cross a creek to get to it. I thought it was South from Jasper on Hwy. 7 where I always stayed while touring the state.
You guy's know the location?

Thank you for the info! I didn't find the location but the sites I will use for my next trip.

Upon rereading my initial post I stated "cross a creek" when actually I met go through the creek. There was a slab of concrete several inches below the water that made easy access to the camp. Anyways thanks for your efforts. When I carve out the time to scoot down there , I'll give you a heads-up. Safe travels...Craig.

Probably talking about Haw Creek Falls Campground on Hwy 123. You cross a low water bridge to get to the campground.

C'mon down and we'll go for a ride.
Mike

Back