• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout II

Will you be attending Hillbilly Hangout III, 2nd weekend, April, 2016?

• Yes, I'm coming for the day or staying offsite.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
Let's do it again at the Hub (The Hub--Mid America's Motorcycle Resort 800-597-9963). This is a nothing fancy type of place that offers a motel, camping with shower room and restaurant on site. It is located smack dab in the middle of some of the finest riding in the Ozarks. We had a blast last year riding, eating and hanging out around the camp fire telling tall tales.

Date: March 27-29, 2015

Hope to see you in the Ozarks in March.
Mike

I will be there, as long as I don't have to climb Mt. Nebo at night in the fog. Mt. Nebo may not have scared Moses, but sure got to Itlives and me last year in the fog!

:(:(:(
If this moves to April or later, I will be there, but my work prevents me from going in March this year.
:(:(:(

Nonetheless, I will work on the boss to see if I can get away.

Last edited:
I will be there, as long as I don't have to climb Mt. Nebo at night in the fog. Mt. Nebo may not have scared Moses, but sure got to Itlives and me last year in the fog!

Try this at night in very thick fog, can only see the tail light of motorcycle in front of you, sometimes. Got to love the Ozarks!

[video=youtube;Q947vaO7om0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q947vaO7om0[/video]

Here is Bamamate, Old Jeff, Itlives, Fuzzy and me going back down Mt. Nebo the next morning after the fog lifted. Great ride that Bamamate took us on that morning! You Arkansas fellows sure to have some great roads to ride. Folks these Arkansas roads are worth your time to see, with some very good Arkansas riders showing us their state.

[video=youtube;xUr0yd0fI88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUr0yd0fI88[/video]

Nice! I don't think I've seen that clip. Calling the hub today to reserve a room! FYI, I'll take Friday off and should be there around noon. Low gap for lunch! :D

I hope you guys have a great time. Apparently I plan to far ahead. I'll be at Hawk's Bill Crag / Whitaker's Point with some friends that weekend. Got to get in as much hiking as I can while weather permits.

Just spoke to Debbie at the Hub and get a room reserved. She is such a sweetheart!

Rich, Debbie says she hasn't heard from you. You aren't slacking are ya? :D

EDIT: Debbie said they got a little snow last night, but NO SAND has been put down this year! YAY! :)

Try this at night in very thick fog, can only see the tail light of motorcycle in front of you, sometimes. Got to love the Ozarks!

Only being there could explain it. All I could see was my shadow in front me from OCR's headlights and all OCR could see was my taillights approximately 3' in front of him. I almost ran into a deer while in first gear . The thickest fog I've seen since I lived in California.

I made it to Low Gap last time before I turned around (last June) while everybody else did the twisties. I'm a little more comfortable on the NC now. Maybe I'll make it further before wimping out!

Only being there could explain it. All I could see was my shadow in front me from OCR's headlights and all OCR could see was my taillights approximately 3' in front of him. I almost ran into a deer while in first gear . The thickest fog I've seen since I lived in California.

I made it to Low Gap last time before I turned around (last June) while everybody else did the twisties. I'm a little more comfortable on the NC now. Maybe I'll make it further before wimping out!

Itlives, at one time everyone on this forum was a beginner. So, we all understand. No shame in using good sense. This year you will do just fine in those great Arkansas twisties.

Last edited:

You road some pretty good twisties last time. Everybody rides their own ride......no wimps, no heros....just having fun.

I'm a new rider and would love to attend but I have a few questions:

When do people start arriving on Friday?

How challenging is the riding? I'm from Kansas and most of my road are very flat and very straight.

Could someone attend that isn't riding a NC700X? My friend is thinking about joining me and he rides a StreetGlide.

Thanks!

brian

How challenging is the riding? I'm from Kansas and most of my road are very flat and very straight.

Could someone attend that isn't riding a NC700X? My friend is thinking about joining me and he rides a StreetGlide.

Thanks!

brian

The fellow putting this ride together does not currently own a NC7, he sold his for a Yamaha super tenere. We will all start showing up on Friday evening. Most will camp out and some will stay in the hotel. Both are offered at this motorcycle hub. Everyone is welcome no matter what bike they ride. I live on the Texas gulf coast and Kansas is twice a hilly as where I live.

Like Bamamate said, "Everybody rides their own ride......no wimps, no heros....just having fun."

The rider leading the ride stops where the route changes direction and waits for all to catch up. Most times Dr. Bug or Bamamate are leading the rides, as they both are very good riders and really know the Ozark's roadways.

The campfires bring all kinds of riders together in the Friday and Saturday evenings. There are usually folks staying at this hotel who ride various types of bikes. The hotel owners are also retired bike riders. This is just a hotel for bikers, where all are welcome.

[video=youtube;n0jsvDViQqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jsvDViQqY[/video]

Last edited:

Thanks!

brian

Like OCR said, I don't have an NC any more. It's not WHAT you ride it's THAT you ride that matters. C'mon down and bring as many as you want. If you don't want to follow along and want to explore at your own pace I can plan rides from 50-300 miles and mark them on a road map for you. No worries.
Mike

:)There's hope, after all! I managed to get March 27 off work. Now it will be up to Mother Nature as to whether I can travel out of Illinois safely in March and down to Arkansas to meet up with you fine folks! I'll ask your forgiveness if I show up on a GL1800 instead of the NC. Can't beat that barn door fairing for weather protection.

Back