• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout II

Will you be attending Hillbilly Hangout III, 2nd weekend, April, 2016?

• Yes, I'm coming for the day or staying offsite.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wish I had been keeping up on this forum more but I lost interest over the winter. Would've liked to have met you guys. It snowed and sleeted ALL day Saturday at my house which was more or less straight east from where you were so I wasn't riding any Saturday. Sunday was great so I did get some riding in.

If any of you are up that way again message me please. I'm over east of Mtn. Home. Great riding in the area and up in Missouri.

Keep updated in the ride / trips threads. Bamamate is hosting another at the Hub in Sept.for "other" cyc!es but NC's are welcome.

The Sept. thing is BugDr's ST1300 meet. I'm planning on at least doing a day trip. I'd love to see a bunch of STs :D

If y'all do something in late April, or even May, I'll come down! March just didn't work out for me.

The event I host for the ST 1300 crowd is called ArkanSTOC and all are welcome to attend. Many of us don't even own STs any more, including the guy that runs the ST forum so don't worry about not owning an ST. The dates are September 17-20. If you want to camp you do not need reservations. If you want a motel room you probably should get a reservation.

I've invited you guys/gals before to ArkanSTOC.......consider this your second invite. It's a great time and a chance to meet friendly motorcyclist that ride a variety of bikes and ride great motorcycle roads. We don't have anything officially to sign up for (banquets, organized rides, etc....) but a note to me through a PM or here would be nice so I can tell Randall and Debbie roughly how many attended this event.
Hope to see you in September
Mike

Hope you can make it JT. It would be good to see some NCs at the event. I'm sure many would love to see how you've farkled your bikes. The parking lot is usually full of all kinds of bikes from our group and other groups that are there at the same time. I always talk to interesting people that are at the Hub at the same time as we are but aren't associated with ST-Owners.

We did a big bike dual-sport ride last year that had about 10 bikes if that tells you anything about being an exclusive ST 1300 group. They haven't updated the ST since 2003 and many have jumped ship to other bikes already. We keep getting together for the people not the bikes anyway. It's like one big family. Everyone at a motorcycle event has at least one thing in common.......our love of motorcycles.
Mike

Hope you can make it JT. It would be good to see some NCs at the event. I'm sure many would love to see how you've farkled your bikes. The parking lot is usually full of all kinds of bikes from our group and other groups that are there at the same time. I always talk to interesting people that are at the Hub at the same time as we are but aren't associated with ST-Owners.

We did a big bike dual-sport ride last year that had about 10 bikes if that tells you anything about being an exclusive ST 1300 group. They haven't updated the ST since 2003 and many have jumped ship to other bikes already. We keep getting together for the people not the bikes anyway. It's like one big family. Everyone at a motorcycle event has at least one thing in common.......our love of motorcycles.
Mike

Mike, for what it's worth I'm penciling this in on my calendar. I couldn't make your March meet up and I really want to come down that way. I will camp, so as you suggested, I won't make any reservation. Maybe some other NC folks will show, too?!.

Any idea for dates in 2016. I will be making my schedule in a couple of weeks and would like to attend if the dates work out.

March 4th to 14th is Daytona Bike week. Dates need to be after Daytona for Hillbilly Hangout. This is 75th Daytona so a lot of folks are going to Daytona this year. We buy tickets in the middle of the race track for the big 200 Daytona race. Cost is about $130 for three nights camping and all tickets for the races. This is a good deal. Usually in Dayton for about 3 to 4 days. We will be there for the 200 race that is on the Saturday 12th. So, we will most likely arrive on the afternoon of Thursday the 10th to set up our tents in the middle of the race track. Most likely the flat track races that evening. On Friday to ride the many motorcycle companys demo rides, go for a local ride that afternoon,and go downtown. On Saturday the big race. So, the following weekend would be great, and is usually when Dr. Bug does the Hillbilly Hangout. This would be around March 21st and 22nd. But only Dr. Bug can answer the exact days, as it his ride.

Last edited:
I talked with Mike and he officially bestowed the honor of being event disorganizer on me. I thought we were friends but apparently not. So I'll start researching dates.....which means I need to get a 2016 calendar and throw a dart.

Just a suggestion/request from the more northern riders: April is a better choice than March. That way we can avoid setting out riding in the snow when we head down your way.

Back